Haworthia identification?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
geotrox

Haworthia identification?

Post by geotrox »

Hello all,
Would you be so kind as to please take a look at these pics of a clone of what was identified as Haworthia turgida from the Ohio Sate University Biological Sciences Greenhouses and confirm that id or otherwise, if it might be a different species, form or hybrid?
I have placed a quarter in the pot for scale. To me it seems somewhat more diminutive than pics I've seen of H. turgida online.
As always, I am greatly appreciative of any information you may impart!
Cheers,
George
Attachments
IMG_5299.jpg
IMG_5299.jpg (172.83 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg (162.85 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
George Keeney
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Zone 6
nachtkrabb

Re: Haworthia identification?

Post by nachtkrabb »

Hello George,
did you by now find out?
If not: Is it possible, that the plant needed a bit of water + might by now, in growing season, look totally different?
If so: Would you post another picture to make things easier?
Nachtkrabb
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.
GeorgeD

Post by GeorgeD »

Hello Nachtkrabb,
After examining and comparing many online images, I am currently calling it Haworthia turgida suberecta, unless someone can state otherwise. Actually the first pics I posted were when it was most turgid and greened out. I have posted a current pic of it now, starting to come out of dormancy.During dormancy, it seems to take on a more ruddy hue. I tend to err on the side of less water than too much.

Last year I crossed used the pollen to cross with a Haworthia reticulata subregularis, and have 9 plantlets in the 2-4 leaf stage now. They are already beginning to develop faint reticulation similar to 'mom'. I've included a pic of the 'mom'.
Thanks much for the follow-up.
Cheers,
George
nachtkrabb

Post by nachtkrabb »

....aaah yes, when I imagine your plants to be a bit plumber, I can understand your naming. A beautiful name for a beautiful plant.

Good fun with the "Harworthialings". Is it possible that it didn't work out with the picture? Or where do I have to look?
Take care,
N. :-)
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.