Meristem help wanted

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Nobody

Meristem help wanted

Post by Nobody »

Lately I have been trying to learn all I can about cactus meristems.

I asked Mauseth about some of his papers on the topic, but he is evidently not a friendly or helpful person, which I had heard from several other people and can personally confirm. Luckily he is an exception to the general rule as that I've found most plant people in academia are good people who will help others.

I am looking for any help I can get in being able to read papers on the genetics, anatomy and biology of cactus meristems.

They are remarkable things and in many ways are distinct from the meristems of other plants and they are a topic I would like to discuss in detail here because of their role in both the biology of cacti and specifically relate to cristate, monstrose and variegated forms as well as the evolutionary history and implications of cactus meristem development.

I've read every meristem related paper I have found available on the internet, including papers on non-cactus meristems but the information available online today is scanty compared to what exists. It can be noted here that many of the abbreviations for the more recent gene names involved in meristems and their mutations are absolutely hilarious, WUS and CUC being two examples.

I would appreciate any leads, help, links, papers or even correspondence in this regard.
Aztekium123

Re: Meristem help wanted

Post by Aztekium123 »

DaveW

Re: Meristem help wanted

Post by DaveW »

Seems like they have not logged on since Jan 4th to see any replies?