Aloe ...who?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
nachtkrabb

Aloe ...who?

Post by nachtkrabb »

Hello everybody,
years ago when my plant was very young, we tried to put a name to it & ended up with Aloe ferox. Then many said that it was too young to be named with confidence.
So today I try it again as I am really not that secure. When I look at pictures of A.ferox in the net, their plants often have another growth pattern.
Thank you for your help says
Nachtkrabb
PS: The plant is now about 20 years old.
AloeFerox-266-IMG_1965_ergebnis.jpg
AloeFerox-266-IMG_1965_ergebnis.jpg (105.42 KiB) Viewed 128 times
AloeFerox-266-DSCN8042.JPG
AloeFerox-266-DSCN8042.JPG (134.71 KiB) Viewed 128 times
AloeFerox-266-IMG_1964_ergebnis.jpg
AloeFerox-266-IMG_1964_ergebnis.jpg (177.88 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.
anttisepp

Re: Aloe ...who?

Post by anttisepp »

A ferox or marlothii but right name is possible to get only with inflorescence. IMHO
nachtkrabb

Re: Aloe ...who?

Post by nachtkrabb »

Hello again, Anttisepp! Hope you & your plants are fine.
After looking at loads more pictures I understand what you mean... :-k Well...
Just how can I convince #-o the plant to flower...?

* On https://www.aloesinwonderland.com/plant ... aloe-ferox I found that an A.ferox likes a nice cool winter to get into the flowering mood: "During the winter months, the plants should be grown cool to initiate flower development, about 41-50°F (5-10°C)".
* Alas, on https://www.aloesinwonderland.com/plant ... -marlothii they do not say what A.marlothii is seduced by, nor can I find anything elsewhere. So it is possible that an A.marlothii does not enjoy a nice cool winter.
Besides I don't have any space with the required temperature... :roll: It is either with 10° to 14°C (50° to 57°F) too warm plus crowded, or with vacancies but cool until -5°C (23°F).
Now...? :-k

Although, when looking at A.marlothii, I have the feeling that the leaves on the depicted plants have another swing than my plant, a slight curve. The leaves of my plant are more straight. Nuances.

What do you think?
Nachtkrabb. ](*,)
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.