Another hangover one

Created by popular request. Share what you know about man's past and present use of cacti.
tvaughan

Another hangover one

Post by tvaughan »

I guess I should post here since there isn't an area on the succulent forum. I managed a huge farm in Namaqualand in South Africa for several years. There were thousands of huge Kokerbooms, those giant aloes, and also two types of Stapeliad. I used them for landscaping the packing shed (we grew export table grapes on a section of the 50,000 acre farm)with the Kokerbooms and Stapeliads (Stinkblooms) but the Stapeliads never lasted because the locals, who were related to Hottentots ate them raw every Monday (they have a problem with binge drinking) to alleviate hangovers.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I can just see that problem described in the cultivation section of some Cacti and Succulent book under "Garden Pests" -Spider Mites, Mealy Bugs, Scale, and Drunkards!

:lol:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

daiv wrote:I can just see that problem described in the cultivation section of some Cacti and Succulent book under "Garden Pests" -Spider Mites, Mealy Bugs, Scale, and Drunkards!

:lol:
:lol: :lol: Thats is a good one Daiv but I can't help but wonder what kind of market there is for stapeliad's :-k

Bill