Nightmare

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Eliott

Nightmare

Post by Eliott »

I had a horrible nightmare last night! I had my cactorum in the kitchen sink (which is where I put them when I want them to be able to get a good amount of sunlight), and when I came back the cacti were completely submerged in murky, grey water. When I removed the cactos from the water, the stems and everything of them were entirely broken off in the water and all that was left was the root systems which, from being submerged, were ruined. On top of this, they had somehow dwarfed from their admittedly small size to being tiny, tiny, tiny and no bigger than a balled-up fist. What a horrible nightmare!!!
"And the sun sank again on the grand Australian bush—the nurse and tutor of eccentric minds, the home of the weird, and of much that is different from things in other lands." -- Henry Lawson, The Bush Undertaker
peter

Post by peter »

You get a good amount of sunlight in your kitchen sink? :shock:
That would be a nightmare to me! :lol:

You know what S. Freud said!
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" :)

Best regards
Eliott

Post by Eliott »

Haha, yes, my kitchen is the southern-most room in my house, and there are at least five or so acres of empty land behind it (not including a few trees here and there), so the sun goes almost-uninterrupted into my kitchen, and there are some nice-sized windows right above the sink. So, in all, the kitchen is the brightest room in the house, and the sink is right under the windows. :P

Good ol' Siggy. I had to study a lot of his work during a psychology course at my university. Despite his genius and many very great ideas, he did at the same time have very odd ideas the least to say.
"And the sun sank again on the grand Australian bush—the nurse and tutor of eccentric minds, the home of the weird, and of much that is different from things in other lands." -- Henry Lawson, The Bush Undertaker
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

That is a nightmare that most of the world could not relate to I bet! :lol:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hob

Post by hob »

don't forget to leave the plug out :lol:
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
Eliott

Post by Eliott »

daiv wrote:That is a nightmare that most of the world could not relate to I bet! :lol:
Haha, so true, my best friend has said that, of all of the hobbies I've gotten into (and when I get into a hobby, I usually go full-out and get into it to the extreme), this has got to be the weirdest hobby yet.
hob wrote:don't forget to leave the plug out :lol:
Thankfully, my plugs never seem to do a good job and so the sink drains even whenever it's not supposed to. I end up having to buy new ones all of the time!
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

Omg! scary as man :shock: Thank god it was only a dream..
cactusplantqueen

Post by cactusplantqueen »

at least you didnt sleep walk and did it! i can imagine the feeling of panic, what will i do and my heart racing! even though if you were awake you would manage it better, its like when you wake up from a nightmare and every time you close your eyes you see it, one night i had a dream of nothing, cant remember it but something freaked me out so when i woke up my heart was racing and i was panicking about nothing, as if i had to make a life changing choice in the middle of the night! :P i get freaked out very easily, i've always got to ahve the radio on in the greenhouse cause other wise a simple creak can end up with me hurtling towards the house and under my duvet cover! silly in know but i wouldnt be me without it! :P :P sweet dreams every1!