grafts I would like to share

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Sankhara

Nice grafts

Post by Sankhara »

Hi Buck,

You shure seems to have a big amount of stock plants for your graft's.

I imagine the joy you must have to be able to graft without limits.

Keep the nice job.
Sou um Português como só um Cabo Verdeano e Brasileiro sabem ser.
buck tumbleweed

Post by buck tumbleweed »

Estiveira,I wish I could graft without limits but I await new growth from my pereskiopsis and during this time I try to stay busy finding other graft base material,lately I have found opuntia cylindrica to be excellent for grafting my trichocereus sdlgs to so I will be producing more of the opuntia for base material right now I have just made up around a 100 cuttings to root then graft onto.
I have a few pictures I took today I would expect new growth on many to all of my grafts within the next week ,then I should have some nice pics to share but for now just a few,I got a couple of pics that dont really belong here but most are of specimans to be grafted or already grafted Imaget.
Imagesmall amount of new growth on my p. weberi graft though hardly noticable
Imageperuvianus graft hanging on by a thread but is growing fast
Imagemy perskiopsis starting to turn up the growth
Imagethese are trichocereus chiloensis sdlgs I sowed 24 hrs ago using ga3 at 250ppm and 500ppm ,so far the validus have not come up using the same ga3 ppm these will soon be grafted once they produce areoles
Imagehere are some of my tricho sdlg graft on opuntia ,I used nothing to hold these down to the opuntia base stock so far they look good but once the growth stage kicks in this could change
Imageanother pic of tricho/opuntia grafts
Imagethis last pic I put in to show the trichocereus peruvianus (serra canyon)graft is really starting to fatten up and I still need to release it from the tape I dont remember exact date without looking but it should be in one of the first pics I posted when this cacti was grafted ,I know it hasnt been long though and is really starting to buldge.I will post more pics once I can show some new growth and then I will try to go back and pair up the pics with the beginning stages compared to new growth stages ,Patrick
Last edited by buck tumbleweed on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
buck tumbleweed

edited
Last edited by buck tumbleweed on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buck tumbleweed

edited