Anyone wanna try a ROUND ROBIN?

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
FingerPrickinFun

Re: Anyone wanna try a ROUND ROBIN?

Post by FingerPrickinFun »

Opening this box felt like watching one of those clowns pull colored rope out of their mouth that just keeps going and going and going.... I spent the last hour and a half combing through newspaper and wrapping up cuttings. I've never even heard of some of these genus' before.

Pretty humbling stuff. Most of what I put in was small-- some of which i'm not even sure what it is. I call them "ebay cacti," and they are labled with a question mark. I felt kind of shady taking a 2lb echinopsis log out of the bottom, considering what i put in... but somebody had to do it! :D

Anyways, the box is so full it's about to explode, so you'd better make some room, Jon! It was sent out today.

PS...
IMAG0568.jpg
IMAG0568.jpg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
WATCH OUT!
FingerPrickinFun

Post by FingerPrickinFun »

I forgot to mention, I was considering throwing a bunch of pereskiopsis into the box, but it was my thought that they wouldn't survive more than one leg in the voyage, so if anybody want's a few cloners, let me know. They're going to be moving into the closet in 2 or 3 months and they won't all fit.
martenfisher

Post by martenfisher »

Hellraiser finger edition.
apfire

Post by apfire »

Those fingers do not look like fun. Oh a new avitar PIC!!
Goes with the name! :D
I am just looking for the defining statement to put here. Follow this link to see my other cacti.
http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... cti%202013, 2014 http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... New%20Year
John C

Post by John C »

I can't wait to see it! This is exciting!

Ouch! I'll try and be cautious when opening it :blackeye:
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
John C

Post by John C »

WOOHOO!!! Mailman just dropped off the package! :D I'm getting ready to open it now!
"Where the West begins"
Buzzilka

Post by Buzzilka »

I'm crying :cry: I want to play this game too ](*,)
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

Buzzilka wrote:I'm crying :cry: I want to play this game too ](*,)
If the box has not gone back to the originator you may still have a chance. Just PM apfire and find out. :)
John C

Post by John C »

As I said before, I got the package yesterday. WOW! That was stuffed with a bunch of nice plants! :shock: I decided to take 5 plants and replace them with 6. It is now stuffed even more so than before!

I shipped it out this morning to apfire.

That was a lot of fun! Great idea! =D>
"Where the West begins"
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

When the Round Robin is completed, it would be nice to see what everybody choose. :D
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

cactushobbyman wrote:When the Round Robin is completed, it would be nice to see what everybody choose. :D
Good idea - when it is all back to the originator, everyone should post what they took out, and what was left!
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

Just found the post. Is the list still going? Can I jump in on this? IF so, I may be the last person on the list and then Alvin (Apfire) will be getting what ever I put in. What do you collect? Do you grow Opuntiads? Mamms? Gymnos? Melos? Astros? Notos? Echinosis? Epis? Other? And is this limited to Cacti or other Succulents as well? Just so I have an idea. I mean, if you're going to be left with what ever is left, it might as well be what you like... Unless it just goes back out again on another round robin :)
LOL And you're right in Kissimmee! I can drop it off on my way to Universal when I get it! I'm there once or twice a week :)
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage
Tony

Post by Tony »

Minime8484 wrote:
cactushobbyman wrote:When the Round Robin is completed, it would be nice to see what everybody choose. :D
Good idea - when it is all back to the originator, everyone should post what they took out, and what was left!
I agree! :thumbright:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

Awww... I just re-read the last few posts and saw that John C already mailed out the box to Apfire. :(

Don't suppose you'd want to send that box back out with what you don't want?
I believe there's already a few others on the next list that wanted to jump in on that last round.

I'm sure there will be others that will either want a second go-round and others that may find this thread that will want to be added.
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage
apfire

Post by apfire »

Wow!! I think this has been a great success. It seems that the box is on it's way back to me. Maybe someone should start a new list and do it again! I'll participate. I agree we should all post what we took out. I was told to expect the box on Saturday. I plan to post pictures. I hope everyone enjoyed this experiance.

Alvin
I am just looking for the defining statement to put here. Follow this link to see my other cacti.
http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... cti%202013, 2014 http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... New%20Year