Don't overlook cheap cacti at your local store

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Mrs.Green

Re: Don't overlook cheap cacti at your local store

Post by Mrs.Green »

7george; You are off course right but I can’t help feeling a bit frustrated when I see perfectly fine furniture, clothes, food and so on being binned..Knowing these things could have had a much longer ‘life’.
7george

Re: Don't overlook cheap cacti at your local store

Post by 7george »

Mrs.Green wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am 7george; You are off course right but I can’t help feeling a bit frustrated when I see perfectly fine furniture, clothes, food and so on being binned..Knowing these things could have had a much longer ‘life’.
Well, it also depends on the national mentality and perception of values. For some people and countries "old" means something interesting, valuable or precious. For others: this is just trash. And they buy new phones or clothes every year when old ones are still fully functional... Not talking about the thing that repair services become less and less available in our world.
Flea markets or Marketplace try to fix the situation but how many people search there or have time to post there storing that old stuff somewhere meanwhile? People have to be pure and in need to do this. And the pandemic even restricted the emigration these days and years.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8