I am 45.If it is late to sow Ariocarpus seeds?

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
xiaohuage123

Re: I am 45.If it is late to sow Ariocarpus seeds?

Post by xiaohuage123 »

nachtkrabb wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:11 pm Hello folks,
everywhere in the world, people are terribly fast-moving & always want everything IMMEDIATELY.
It is very relaxing & rYefreshing to me to read your posts where you discuss without pressure that cacti sown today might flower in ten years time.
Hooray! =D> I think I am back to the right forum. :lol:
Nachtkrabb
you remind me that I am growing some kind of very slow growing plants.These plant may send off When I am enough old to see God.What strange thing I am doing. :D In fact many many cactus are more beautifull than Ariocarpus.Why so may guys are interesting in Ariocarpus.but not other beautifull anf fast growing cactus?
nachtkrabb

Re: I am 45.If it is late to sow Ariocarpus seeds?

Post by nachtkrabb »

xiaohuage123 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:09 pm [you remind me that I am growing some kind of very slow growing plants.These plant may send off When I am enough old to see God.What strange thing I am doing. :D In fact many many cactus are more beautifull than Ariocarpus.Why so may guys are interesting in Ariocarpus.but not other beautifull anf fast growing cactus?
Please accept me quoting the standard sentence: "The beauty not only of a plant lies in the eye of the beholder." :D
I like Ariocarpus; if I would dare to cultivate them, I would start today. But I believe that I can't give them what they need today. So I am going to wait a little longer, although I am in my mid-fifties.
Two years ago, I got a cutling of a Selenicereus coniflorus. During the first two years it grew very fast, now it has slowed down & is trying out how it is to flower. But in its beginning, during my 1-week-holiday, it grew over 70cm (28in) -- more than 10cm / 4in per day.
I admit, that plant is uncanny to me.
Maybe it is easier to love an Ariocarpus...?
N.
Love and Revolution!
...and still more cacti.