not able to see pictures

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
cactuslee

not able to see pictures

Post by cactuslee »

there are quite a few peoples pictures that i can not see for some reason. just wondering why some people's pictures won't come up on my computer and some will. does anyone have an explanation for this?
mikayak

Post by mikayak »

It COULD (and this is just a guess) be for this reason. Until about last year, this site had no photo-hosting abilities. So, any photos had to be stored elsewhere - then linked to. Now, Daiv has a photo-hosting library...so everything stays in perpetuity.

If it is an older post that you can't see, that is probably the reason as people, like myself, clean out their online photos and the links to them become blanks.

If it is a new post, I am clueless.....
<i>"obsession has to have action"</i>
http://www.TheNatureDepot.com
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Mikayak is correct. On older posts, some of the images are no longer where the person put them and so they don't display.

But if it is newer posts, then you probably are accessing the website through a filter or firewall that blocks certain picture hosting sites or unknown domains. This would cause you to be unable to see some images and is common on company computers which block sites that distract people from their work.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti