what are these soft wormy guys,. and more,

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
anklebit

what are these soft wormy guys,. and more,

Post by anklebit »

templegatejohn

Cacti ID

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Juliet,

Your first picture is Chamaeocereus Silvestrii, (peanut cactus), the second looks like an Opuntia (not sure which, there are some guys on the forum who should be able to name it for you) and the third picture, you look to have two different species in the same pot, difficult to name those without flowers, but the one with the white wool on the left of the picture is a Mammillaria and the ones on the right look like Echinopsis to me. If anyone knows better I'm sure they will let you know.

Hope this helps a little,
John
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Second one is most likely Austrocylindropuntia cylindrica. Those little tubes sticking out all around are actual leaves. Many opuntiods have these leaves on new growth and later loose them. The Mammillaria is most likely Mammillaria karwinskiana. At first glance I suspected Echinopsis on the other, but it could be an Echinocactus. A better picture might make the ID easier on that one.
anklebit

cacti id

Post by anklebit »

thanks all ill get better pics, iv just planted more seed , cant wait to see what they are,
juliet