NEWBIE Looking For Plants And Seeds Please !

This forum is reserved for you to post a list of what you grow and/or what you want to trade -no discussion posts please
kevin63129

NEWBIE Looking For Plants And Seeds Please !

Post by kevin63129 »

I Am looking for any plants,off shoots,etc.I am willing to pay postage if they are worth the amount being sent.I dont know anyone that has any here in my city,but want to get started.I went to vegas 2 weeks ago and caught the cactus bug.I read about them constantly.I am on disabilty,so have plenty of time.I also read about propagating seeds and i am interested in going that route too.I dont know how this seed and plant exchange works,can someone explain.I will take ANY kinds.I just love cactus and need a hobby.My 14 yr old son raises, here at my house ,HOT peppers,and I even have my 12 yr old interested in cactus.He made a list of his favs.I encourage them tremendously,because my 14 yr old has learned so much already,Thanks for reading
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hello Kevin, You may want to try the 'Seed depo' to get started growing seeds. Click the rules and info tab at the bottom left for details. Your son may even find some of his fav's there.
You should find everything you need to know by scanning the 'Grown from seed' forum. If not feel free to ask any questions you may have in that forum.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
kevin63129

I cant find tab at bottom left.

Post by kevin63129 »

I found it on bottom left as u stated.It is in grey .I kept looking and looking for it,it is where http address is located and also in grey.Thanks for the help.
Last edited by kevin63129 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin63129

I'm a dork.

Post by kevin63129 »

Read above
Last edited by kevin63129 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Re: I'm a dork.

Post by Tony »

kevin63129 wrote:`I read and looked at depot page numerous times.I was looking in the white part.I even downloaded it.I finally found it in grey where the http address is usually located.Yaya,u said bottom left.LOLThanks again
:lol: Ya, I did that the first time too! :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forums!

A few notes about the Depot, as i need to update it:

- All seeds highlighted in brown are not avaiable.

- DO NOT use the address listed, PM me for the current address to send to.

- Depending on which ones you choose, i may lift the 5 pack per request rule. Some of these have been sitting around for a few months now and need to be sown before they loose viability. So go ahead and pick whatever you want and we'll take it from there.

(This goes for anybody requesting depot seeds)
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Hi Kevin,

Are you looking at growing in pots or growing in the ground. Come spring I could set you up with some cold hardy Opuntia starts that will survive growing in the ground in St. Louis.
You might need a little room once they start growing though. :lol:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
kevin63129

Post by kevin63129 »

Thanks for the offer.I am interested in pots only,although i know eventually I will get some big pots going for echinocactus grusonii and some of the columns I want to grow
GardenBed

Post by GardenBed »

CoronaCactus wrote:Hi Kevin, welcome to the forums!

A few notes about the Depot, as i need to update it:

- All seeds highlighted in brown are not avaiable.

- DO NOT use the address listed, PM me for the current address to send to.

- Depending on which ones you choose, i may lift the 5 pack per request rule. Some of these have been sitting around for a few months now and need to be sown before they loose viability. So go ahead and pick whatever you want and we'll take it from there.

(This goes for anybody requesting depot seeds)
I am interested too, as I don't have a large amount of cacti/ money to work with. Is the seed depot still working?