I cannot open the forum with Firefox

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Chichipe

I cannot open the forum with Firefox

Post by Chichipe »

Hi! I don't know if it's just with me, but I can't open http://cactiguide.com/forum with Firefox, just with IE
iann

Post by iann »

I'm here. With Firefox. Although the last few days I've sometimes been unable to get to the forum for short periods.

I only popped into this section just now because I came to the forum with apparently no new messages since. Well for quite a while, since lunch time I guess.
--ian
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I got this message from Tony Mace (cactus-mall) just today:
We are having a bit of a problem on the server at the moment with peak processor loading. A certain times of the day backups and stats production are combining to produce loads which are slowing things down more than I would like for short periods. We are doing some tuning which hopefully will spread these tasks more evenly across the day.
Of course this is the same time that I go and change the forum display page too. So now I'm going to reverse the changes I made just to make sure that it wasn't me. Then I'll let Tony know of the problem.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Firefox is working now. I'm going to test it a bit more, stay tuned - sorry folks!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Ok sorry Firefox people for the temporary delay again. I tracked down the problem. Of course it wasn't related to either of the above situations.

It was a Java Script error. I included a line that didn't belong by accident! :oops:

All should be well now!
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

It didn't seem to work on Apple's Safari as well. :?
hob

Post by hob »

daiv wrote:Ok sorry Firefox people for the temporary delay again. I tracked down the problem. Of course it wasn't related to either of the above situations.

It was a Java Script error. I included a line that didn't belong by accident! :oops:

All should be well now!
in line with with what Tony Mace said speed of reload of pages is somewhat erratic recently for no obvious reason :? .........at no particular times :?
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.