Columnars just because.

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
anttisepp

Re: Columnars just because.

Post by anttisepp »

Why don't you plant them straight in your garden?
DWDogwood

Post by DWDogwood »

Licespray wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:22 am In the updated pics - is that a saguaro behind the p.weberi in the first photo?

Epic update, 12 years *gives a long and impressed whistle*
Yes indeed a saguaro I’ve had since 1997 when it was about a foot tall. It flowered 3 years ago. This year it hasn’t even put a new break in the apex wool. Dormant and annoying.
anttisepp wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:25 am Why don't you plant them straight in your garden?
I keep thinking we’re going sell the house and move to a place with some land. The ranch dream dominates my plans.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

DWDogwood wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:46 pm
anttisepp wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:25 am Why don't you plant them straight in your garden?
I keep thinking we’re going sell the house and move to a place with some land. The ranch dream dominates my plans.
Too bad you couldn't have done that when you had all those seedlings, you'd have a cactus forest by now.
Spence :mrgreen:
Bigfoot365

Post by Bigfoot365 »

I have some mixed seedlings, started memorial day. Yes, there is some algae, seems to be mostly attracted to the larger bits of pumice in the soil. Doesn't seem to be a problem, yet
Jay
Warning: consuming alcoholic beverages while operating cacti may be hazardous
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Wow! Are those hairy ones the Neodawsonia??
They are gorgeous!!