Haworthia

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
DieTer-Xz

Haworthia

Post by DieTer-Xz »

Hi

If someone could help me identifying these, I'd be very grateful. They're not mine, as I wouldn't put them in plain sand.

Thanks
Michiel
r_shazrin

Post by r_shazrin »

i think the one in the bottom is Haworthia fasciata. I have one (small specimen) in my office and i was looking up some info on it. there's an image on http://www.cactusland.com.au/photos/phsuccdh.htm
DieTer-Xz

Post by DieTer-Xz »

Yes, you're right, thank you! Just a note for you: Haworthia tend to dislike full sun so you can keep them just fine in your office, but you probably already knew that.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The first is H. venosa ssp tessellata - I think more commonly known as tessellata. I really like them. Mike
DieTer-Xz

Post by DieTer-Xz »

Thank you very much! Yes, they are beautiful!
Mark

Post by Mark »

I think the first one is venosa, and the second is pumila, or attenuata v. clariperla.
DieTer-Xz

Post by DieTer-Xz »

Hi Mark. Here in Belgium, I think fasciata is more common in cultivation than pumila or attenuata var. clariperla. And as tesselata is a subspecies of venosa, you're right. My friend bought these two at a gardener's, with only a small number of succulents, so I think they are common species. They're going to have flowers soon, so I'll ask him to make some more pictures.