I bought a greenhouse!

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Two additional observations:

1) I did my first watering tonight, and it was so great not to have to move plants on shelves out of the way to get to the ones in the back....and not to have to worry about dripping pots (even though my sunroom was tiled, it wasn't fun to walk around in puddles).

2) After watering, I could kick back, have a beer and a smoke and look at all my plants....couldn't smoke in the sunroom (self-imposed rule :) )

-R
John C

Post by John C »

Nice! it looks great!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Thanks John!

Even with the shade cloth, a few Euphorbias and Monadeniums have already turned red, and have been moved to more shaded locations.

And I don't think I'll be using any more small (2-3") clays pots in the greenhouse...with the increased heat, light, and air circulation, they dry out in less than a day!

-R
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I really like your greenhouse and your set up. Is it easy to disassemble too? Down here in Florida I need a protected place for about a month and a half a year, so I don't need a permanent structure, and heating would not be so much of a problem.

If it is easy to get up and down, something like your greenhouse would probably work well!
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Harriet wrote:I really like your greenhouse and your set up. Is it easy to disassemble too? Down here in Florida I need a protected place for about a month and a half a year, so I don't need a permanent structure, and heating would not be so much of a problem.

If it is easy to get up and down, something like your greenhouse would probably work well!
Harriet, it's actually designed as a temporary structure, so yes, it's meant to taken down as easily (probably *more* easily) as it is to set up. It even comes with a round carrier bag, about 3 feet in diameter, and less than a foot thick, which holds everything, including the poles.

I've heard on the net that some people have trouble getting it back into the bag, but it's so light that it's easy to transport.

HTH,
-R
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

lancer99 wrote: After watering, I could kick back, have a beer and a smoke and look at all my plants.. :) )

-R
Know aint that all worth it Lancer.. LOL!! Thats what its all about being able to kick back and enjoy all your spikey kids. I cant wait i will be enjoying mine out in the mini GH within the next few days WOOT!! Only exception, insted of beer i will be kicking back with a smoke and strong cup of coffee.. :wink: :P
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
lancer99

Post by lancer99 »

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end :)

All my cacti are in the greenhouse, but now that we're getting nighttime temps below 50, all of my "other" succulents have been moved back into the sunroom.

They just about fit!

I know some of the Euphorbias from RSA would be okay down to freezing, but I'm not taking any chances this time :)

Cheers,
-R