Greenhouse

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
Mark

Greenhouse

Post by Mark »

If i were to build a greenhouse in the back of mny house could I not use glass but put chicken wire on top then cover it with a type of screen. It will be attached to cages and to the fence. Then I could build some benches.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Do you mean the chicken wire and screen is for giving some shade? You might find shade cloth for not much more money and that might work better as you can buy it at different levels of shade that it creates.

Tell us a little more about the project and maybe we can help on the design some.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes Daiv I do mean chicken wire and screenfor shade. Well as I said I plan on attaching the wire to some 8-10 feet cages not sure, then to a fence. Then I was thinking about putting plywood on the sides of the fence and the cages. Then I guess putting more chicken wire for the front and back ends and covering it with shade cloth. Any ideas?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

OK, I think I see where you are going with this. You wan't something of a more climate controlled growing area. I think your plans should work for that. I was thinking of a more permanent structure. It sounds like you want to put together a setup that works without a lot of trouble.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes Daiv I do want ot set up something with out alot of trouble.
Thanks Daiv for your help will post when I am finished.
Cacti Kid

Post by Cacti Kid »

polyurethane is pretty inexpensive you might look into it. if you need any help I know a little bit about greenhouses, its how I make a living.
Good luck.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Oh okay thanks. I will look into polyurthane.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I just was told about this product called Solexx from a guy at the cactus meeting on Thursday. It may be something you want to look into. Seems to be reasonable and can ship UPS.

http://www.solexx.com/

http://www.greenhouses-etc.net/glazing/ ... l_roll.htm
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Daiv for the information.