Indoor Flowers in Minnesota 2009

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
C And D

Post by C And D »

Daiv
I see why you don't want to seal up all the holes, but it would be better to make vents that you can open and close for temp. control

and fill the gaps for insect and cold control

You can buy styrofoam inserts that fit the corregation shape of the poly sheets

Or you can use gap fill spray foam, its comes in a spray can, and fills large gaps with insulation foam that hardens, around windows and things, you can get some at Home Depot
Check out our plant and seed lists
http://www.CandDplants.com

Craig and Denise Fry
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Craig,
Well I didn't want to fill them permanently, but I did do a fair job temporarily sealing them for this fall.

I used that expanding foam to seal the peak. This is now permanently sealed. I have some of the foam strips, but they are designed to go on top of the sheets. I need them to go underneath the sheets for the eaves so these dip where they need to bump and vice versa.

Another reason I didn't want to do anything more permanent on the sides is because I plan on replacing the plastic sheeting some day with the corrugated poly. When I can cover it with that ($$$ permitting), it will be more sensible to seal the gaps and install the vents.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti