seedlings

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
taliesin

seedlings

Post by taliesin »

Last year I bought some seedlings from a well known site and, when they arrived, I could only say that these were no more than two to three months old...put it this way, my partner opened them and said why has someone sent you stones? the cacti were smaller. Disappointed, I potted them up in sieved soil based compost and waited. Not much change in size...that was nearly ten months ago. Two weeks ago, I potted them into sieved regular compost with added peat and the transformation is amazing. They have plumped up and put on some size upward in just a fortnight so, like you say, its what ever works for the grower
someone pass me the tweezers!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ohh I'll have to keep this in mind, at the moment mine are about a month old now but still growing steadily (albeit slowly).
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Keep the season in mind. It is after all, Spring. Even cacti love the new growing season. I have a tray full of Saguaro seedlings that have not been very vigorous for two years. In the last four weeks that have more than doubled in size.
Buck Hemenway