Disaster strikes!

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Disaster strikes!

Post by daiv »

OK, now I sound like the 7 o'clock news! :roll:

It isn't exactly the end of the world, but apparently the Cactus-Mall server was down for some time yesterday - or at least the connection between my computer and the server was down. I was out much of the weekend and was anxious to see the posts yesterday - only to find "Page cannot be displayed!" - Not sure what the deal was, but I tried several sites on that server and got nothing.

So I'm back today and this morning find out that my 6-year-old son has H1N1 (swine flu). :sad4: The doctor said that here in MN it is spreading alot from the MN state fair, but most people have "regular" flu symptoms for a few days and then they are fine. His temp isn't going over 101F and we're keeping an eye on him. Now the big test is to see if any of the rest of us get it. :?

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

I noiticed the same downtime, but didn't seem too long. Give or take an hour?

Oh no! Hope your boy gets well soon.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Bummer Daiv!
We have had some bug going around here lately but nobody actually diagnosed with H1N1 yet.
But I think it is only a matter of time, it sounds like it is easily spread. :(
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Tony wrote:Bummer Daiv!
We have had some bug going around here lately but nobody actually diagnosed with H1N1 yet.
Well my wife is a nurse at the clinic locally and I guess they are seeing a lot of it here. One odd thing is that apparently people in the 50+ age group aren't getting it. Not sure why that would be, but it put my dad at ease because he stopped by on Sunday. :roll:
peterb

Post by peterb »

Here's hoping contracting a mild form of H1N1 this early in the season will head off potentially more serious troubles for your son later, Daiv. Hope you are all well!

peterb
Zone 9
Tony

Post by Tony »

daiv wrote:
Tony wrote:Bummer Daiv!
Well my wife is a nurse at the clinic locally and I guess they are seeing a lot of it here. One odd thing is that apparently people in the 50+ age group aren't getting it. Not sure why that would be, but it put my dad at ease because he stopped by on Sunday. :roll:
I heard on local news radio last week that alot of older folks were exposed to something simular many years ago so they are less likely to be effected by it.

Hang in there man.
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

So sorry to hear this. :( i hope your son gets well soon. Normally, the one doing all the cleaning shouldn't catch the H1N1.

I haven't been on lately, but when I tried to log on as a guest, the page couldn't be displayed either, including a couple of other websites for an amount of time.
Last edited by Saguaro123 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Thanks for the comments guys...
Saguaro123 wrote: I haven't been on lately, but when I tried to log on as a guest, the page couldn't be displayed either, including a couple of other websites for an amount of time.
I'm not sure what happened, I didn't get a note from Tony Mace regarding the down-time and it didn't affect e-mail (which is hosted on the same server) so it must have been some sort of configuration problem vs. a hardware issue.
John C

Post by John C »

Yes, I also noticed the same downtime. Hope your son gets well soon!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"