Shadehouse build

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Came home from work last night and immediately went to check on it.
:shock: one of the 4 roof sections collected WAY too much water! It was hanging down a good 2 ft. I about had a hard attack as it felt like it could burst at any second. Jen was checking it periodically, so it sure filled up fast! Ran in to get a broom to push it up. Took every ounce of strength I had to push it up and off.

I haven't looked yet, but I suspect the plastic snagged the backside and I didn't notice when pulling it taught. I'll be sure to fix that! For now I propped up the broom. Other than that, all was good.

I'll add slats at bench height so I can roll up the bottoms on warm days.

So yes, it got a good test. Withstood some really strong wind and a complete day of rain.
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Ha Ha RAIN now you cali dudes know what us floridians have been dealing with all year LOL!!

Anywho the shade house looks good! As with anything new with cacti dont we all wish we could take a week off of work to observe and get all the tweaks done asap. Heck you should rig a rain catch and save some of that nice rain water.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yikes! That must have been a shocker. :shock:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Hope the slats help, it is no fun to go out in the rain to drain a plastic roof. And I've yet to have the weather gods ever ask me if it is a convenient time to start a downpour!
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)