About the Member Blogs Section

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I understand where you all are coming from, but how is pressing a button that says that you "like" a post or picture any different or substantial than "wow", "cool", "beautiful", or "awesome"?

I tend to be more upset about the lack of thought it takes to come up with a new adjective, and the subsequent loss of language, than about the button itself...
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

I like saying awesome...it's awesome to say!

How about we consider it an awesome button :thumbup: ??

As with most, I read them all just don't always post replies. I enjoy looking/reading them. I surf with my phone so typing kinda sucks, but short responses to recognize efforts are cool. :P
Ken Shaw

Post by Ken Shaw »

Chiming in here to say that I also read all member topics and have done so for several years but I don't like to add comments that everyone else must read.

My preference would be to not change anything.
"I like the spikey ones
better than the squashy ones"
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

CoronaCactus wrote:I like saying awesome...it's awesome to say!

How about we consider it an awesome button :thumbup: ??
Awesome!
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

the "real" comments drown in all "like"-comments
no, I disagree, I think they still clearly stand out and the 'like' comments are good for what they are. I for one mean it when I say i.e. 'beautiful plant' or 'lovely flower'. there ARE cases where I don't say anything at all or just 'nice'.
nothing should change imo.
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
Tony

Post by Tony »

Thanks to time constraints, which have recently gotten tighter, I might not always have time to comment, but I do my best to keep up with everyones topics.

No need for a like button I say, but an awesome button would be cool... or maybe it should be a cool button. :P
Keep those "awesome" update's comming! :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Andy_CT

Post by Andy_CT »

Yep, just cause you don't see me reply it doesn't mean I'm not looking. I look at pretty much every post, well except for the grafting section which I never go into.

Keep posting pictures and stories, the more the better 8)
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Many times I don't have enough time to leave any comments. If there is anything for a comment I do it.
I know that many of you follow the most topics. The views per topic shows this more than enough. :wink:
That don't necessitated every time a comment.
To often I'm only visiting the forum once or twice per week. So an "awesome" button would be awesome for a quick view. :thumbright:
Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
(Wisdom of the Cree Indians)

Cacti encyclopedia | Facebook
Dawnstar75

Re:

Post by Dawnstar75 »

daiv wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm Announcement Update!

Hi all, I wanted to post a word here that many of us have probably been thinking. I very much enjoy looking through the various Member Topics here. However, I often don't have a specific comment and there are only so many times that I can post "Great plants!" or "Nice flowers!" without sounding really redundant.

So I would encourage all to keep updating your topics and please don't feel badly about the amount of comments added.

Please feel free to reply in this thread with your own feedback on this subject.

...off to browse more member topics! :D
Sounds very nice indeed! Thank you L :D