A quick little thread...

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Peterthecactusguy

A quick little thread...

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I spied this E. englemannii while driving. I drove a short time and made a U turn and parked and hiked back to get a look at the little bit of purple I glanced at!

I am excited because I have not seen that many flowers on one plant at once!

The plant I spied while driving.

The location is along Coldwater Canyon Road. I drive past it every day as I live off of Coldwater Canyon Road.

There are a lot of cholla present.. mostly C. fulgida .

Also there are a few saguaros on the site as well as some Opuntia and a few feros as well. I didnt take any pics of them I will probably tomorrow.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Peterthecactusguy

hmm, I probably should have put this under general, I wasnt sure where to put it,
Thanks Daiv... :roll: :shock: :? :lol:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Not a big deal. The idea of Member Topics is to have one main thread for each member where various content goes. Since you already had one started, I moved this one over.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Peterthecactusguy

I see Daiv. Like I said mea culpa.

at least its in where it needs to be :)
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

its a nice looken cactus with alot of flowers
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Peterthecactusguy

Matt
yeah that one has more flowers then any others I have ever seen minus maybe a few in pictures..just sitting there growing in a vacant lot. Iwish I had money, I would buy that place and not build anything on it at all!
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

ya peter i know what ya mean land in west texas pretty cheep
i always wanted to get some acreage over there just to explore and camp and stuff like that
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Peterthecactusguy

I am sure it is. Land In Arizona is expensive. My lot is worth 70K and probably more then that now that I have a bunch of cacti on it.. haha

As for dirt cheap land, I think it would be cool to own a ranch!
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

ya my friends mom at one time almost got 20 acres for $2000 in west texas but you had to drive thru like 5 other ranches to get to it and 4 wheel drive is a must and if your truck did break down there would be a good chance of death if you didnt come well supplied but i wish she would of got it
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Peterthecactusguy

I find it funny that everyone says you need 4wd for everything all the time. I have been in some pretty tight spaces with my Honda Civic... ahahahaha

One of these days I need to get my 86 Ford Bronco II running again, it needs a new clutch!

Once I get that running then I can go anywhere I want too. Its got a short wheelbase, good turning radius and of course is the offroad model so its raised about 2 or so feet off the ground as well!
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

ya them broncos are nice ya i know what you mean about every one sayin 4wd i have gotten my 83 chevy impala and 85 chevy caprice classic(and also sometimes my moms mini van) thru some pretty hairy stuff that peaple with 4wd would go in
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Peterthecactusguy

MAtt, more power to ya cause those are all rw drive vehicles and mine is front wheel drive.

As for the 4wd stuff, I took my car to a few local places that are pretty tough on vehicles.

I also took my car up a road near Sedona that they recomend using 4wd. I even think Daiv did too in one of his write ups. I was fine. Hell I passed a few clueless people in Jeeps that were driving in 4wdL in my civic...

I was laughing at them the whole way...With my Bronco I would have been in 2wd, or maybe 4wd H
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

ya its always cool to pass someone in a bad a jeep with giant tires and lift while driving through the mucky muck when you in a old impala with no catalyst converter or muffler
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
Peterthecactusguy

Nice. My car with no exhaust sounds pretty loud and cool. Bad part is I blew the motor to hear it sound cool. And btw it sounded horrible ...before it sounded cool..

Ah well.

And yeah. The it's a Jeep thing you wouldnt understand thing makes sense to me because those people make no sense at all and they have NO idea how to drive for the most part or what their vehicles are capable of doing. The funniest thing is when one gets stuck and they dont know how to get themselves out..
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

lol ya i'v gotten so many vehicles stuck it isnt funny but i've gotten every one of them out i got my truck stuck once to the frame then got my tractor stuck behind it and had to just get the jack and start jacking them up
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy