Connecticut cactus and succulent society show and sale

Post links, info, news, etc. regarding local and national cactus clubs and societies
RayC

Connecticut cactus and succulent society show and sale

Post by RayC »

Is this weekend. If I remember this year to bring my camera I may have some pics.
Andy_CT

Post by Andy_CT »

I was thinking of entering something at the last minute but the website says "Plants must be delivered to the judging area by 9 AM on Saturday, March 31" say what?? guess the info is a little out of date :wink:

New vendor showed up on the list, Vincent Burns (Hardy Opuntia) or was he there last year? I remember there being a guy who had a cardboard box full of Opuntia cuttings but didn't pay much attention as my wallet was already dry.
RayC

Post by RayC »

From another place at their website for this years show: '❷ If you are putting plants in the Show, bring them in Friday,
with the paperwork. They must be in by 8:45 am Saturday
or be put in the non-judged area'

I believe that vendor is new, but can't see the referance that I saw previously.

http://www.ctcactusclub.com
Andy_CT

Post by Andy_CT »

Same plants as the previous years so I only snapped a couple of pics.

large Gymno
c32.jpg
c32.jpg (67.04 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
c33.jpg
c33.jpg (93.79 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
trighlochidiatus inermis
c34.jpg
c34.jpg (54.69 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
South American Opuntia
c35.jpg
c35.jpg (69.96 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
outdoor trough
c36.jpg
c36.jpg (68.13 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Last edited by Andy_CT on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

that Mamm looks sorta like mine!

Neat pics!

Those clumpers are great too!

I liked the Gymno too!
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Nice plants this year too. Funny to see the "Pussy toes" in the trough with the cactus. Those grow as a weed in lawns around here, but I think they are neat.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Andy_CT

Post by Andy_CT »

It was my third trip to the show this year and many of the plants have been the same ones entered each year. I'm guessing there isn't enough new plants being entered so in order to fill up the space the same few active members have bring in theirs. Still there are some awesome specimens just look at my previous years pics to see them :wink:

Daiv, that is one of John Spains troughs for sure. He's got a whole bunch like that around the yard. I wanted to bring one in to the outdoor table but the only one I have that's anywhere close to 'show worthy' would require 4 adult men to lift it safely, even then I'm not sure how far they'd get with it.
RayC

Post by RayC »

I was there also, unfortunatly my timing was off and I think they were judging or something and closed the doors. I did manage to get a few more things from John Spains table. I briefly looked at Vincent Burns (think that who is was) table but most of what he had was a little large for my little garden.
Andy_CT

Post by Andy_CT »

Was that the guy in the hallway? Yeah he appeared to have jumbo phaeacantha's, no thanks on those. I was tempted to snag an O. pusilla but in the end walked away empty.
RayC

Post by RayC »

I believe so , yes.