Desert Breeze by TCSS June 2010

Cactus and Succulent Articles and Information from other Societies, Websites, or Groups
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

It's somewhat out of topic but I like good conversations. :D
Lair3514 wrote:I noticed your picture from the Chiricahuas in the photo contest. Did you see any wild turkeys? You got the most out of your trip to southern Arizona! I've hiked three of the trails, and camped at Rustlers Roost. Chiricahuas are interesting. Hope you drove up Mt. Lemmon when you were in Tucson.
NNo we don't have seen turkeys. What we've seen was a rattlesnake! I think maybe a diamondback the first in free wildlife. WOW!
I think so that we were in one of the best parts of Arizona, for a cacti-guy like me.
Your hiking tour sounds good but we were only one day there and had only time for the Echo Valley Trail. It was absolut great and fantastic. Like a paradise on earth.
Sorry we weren't on Mt. Lemmon this is planed for the next year. Therefor we were at Kitt Peak. It was a awesome trip and a stunning view from there. Oh how I like these memories. :D :D
Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
(Wisdom of the Cree Indians)

Cacti encyclopedia | Facebook
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Ralf, if you make it to AZ you should come up north too. :) It's cool and we have lots of cool cacti as well :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
edbartlett

Post by edbartlett »

Hey Ralf,
You didn't tell about your work at the cactus rescue on your last visit. You have a great system for cactus images. Thanks for your e-mail today.

Lair3514,
Come on down!! It is free and the take home plant for all is Agave victoriae-reginae plus you might win a door prize plant and if you choose to buy a ticket for a dollar the raffel plants are always super!! Free food, a great presentation and plenty of friendly folks. We don't do snobs. That is why our mambership is always around 1000-1100!!!
You will enjoy it.
I'm the very heavy skinny dude that is running all over doing stuff. I would love to meet you. Bring a friend if you wish.
Hope to see you tomorrow night @ 7:00 PM for some Succulent fun!!
Thank you,
Arizonaed

"What? Me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman (July 1955)
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

daiv wrote:
Peterthecactusguy wrote:Easier to do both when one has money Daiv! :)
Money is absolutely not an issue. There may be a few grumpy old guys in the mix, but the majority of club members are happy to have any visitors and are not in a big hurry to get your $15. That money primarily goes to cover the cost of sending out the newsletter. If you are not a member, you don't get the newsletter.
I feel the need to re-emphasize this point. As part of the leadership team of two C&S clubs, this is my constant message to people who don't know their local clubs. Just come! We really don't count on membership fees to do anything more than cover the cost of your membership. The club operates on moneys earned at plant sales, auctions and the like. If you can't pay, so be it. We always welcome the input of people who grow succulent plants and feel that we give back education that cannot be duplicated.
Buck Hemenway
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Cool Buck,
I am going to go to the next meeting for my local C+S club. :) besides it's an excuse to go to DBGs again!
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Lair3514

Post by Lair3514 »

Quick note to say I made it to Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society meeting. There was a very good turn out for the presentation on lightning and saguaros.

The people were friendly and there were tables of food, plants, books. I was impressed by the robust membership and the variety of ways to participate.