Agave Grow Rack COMPLETED!! Pics...

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
*Barracuda_52*

Agave Grow Rack COMPLETED!! Pics...

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Ok well since im going to be adding some more Agaves to the family i wanted something nice for all the pots to sit on out back around the rest of the plants or to even go under the succulent shelf, im also gona use it for infront of the bay window durring winter months where all the sun comes in. When the plants grow real big i will just put there pots on the floor infront of the window, there will be a few modifications once its completed, the pots are gona sink in and then there will be areas for me to put small pots that have offsets/pups in them just sitting on top the shelfs. This is what it looks like. Sorry for the crappy drawing. :oops:

Hubby is gona start working on it once the sun starts to go down and it cools off a bit, way to hot for him to be working and even in the garage its hot..
Will post more pics as we get it done over the next few days.
Last edited by *Barracuda_52* on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Tracy,
It is fun when you post your drawings. I do the same thing.
:D
Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Peter thats what we call chicken scratch writting, arthritis in hands means crappy writting...

Daiv that was just a super quick doodle of how i want it done, hubby and i were out in the garage and i just came up with the idea and plans doodled it out befour hubby went back in the house and said this is what i need done, he gave me the look :shock: like thats what you think and we had a nice little chit chat about I WANT IT DONE ASAP!! :x It is funny how he manages to work from my silly drawings. :P So it was very hot out at the time and will work on it when its cooler out, he has some scrap wood left and got the wood marked out already and he needs to go out to the shed to see what other scrap wood we have left for frame work and legs. He knows when i want something built it better get done.. :P Once he starts building it i will post pics as we go. :D I just hope we got enough scrap wood to complete it, Hmmmm will have to incorperate some lattice scrap pannel into this project..
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:D Thanks Peter, well the grow rack is done, im in the process of painting it now, had some little tiffs with hubby as we didnt have CRAP to work with but i cracked the whip :P and he was on it, worked on it this morn and most this afternoon despite the heat, all the wood was junk junk junk or not thick enough or cracks in it and so on and so on, i didnt want to hear it we aint out to impress no one and i know we can make it strong enough to hold all the pots, we ended up one suport leg short so hubby will visit with our nice across the street neighbors and see if he has a junk board we can use for that. Will post pics once its dry and set up, i gota get back out there and put another coat paint on then let that dry and then poly it.
Update comming sooooooooon.. :wink: 8)
LazyD

Post by LazyD »

darn you work fast!!
By Choice, Not Chance.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Ok heres how it looks so far, tomarrow i will have it finished and some Agaves on it and will post completed pic tomarrow.
Heres how it looks now, first after getting it done, yes its small due in part OUT OF WOOD.. :oops: But hey it will fit nicely in my bay window for winter.
Can ya tell thats some really old lattice panneling.. :roll: Nutin like a woodland redneck build style eh?? :laughing8:
and after i started painting, choice of colors it what ever we had left in cans. :P
and finished and poly'd
still gota add one middle back suport leg.
The holes are cut where i wanted um placed some smaller than others and then theres the flat part for small pots to sit up on.
Final pic tomarrow. :D
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Wow done already. Tracy do you and hubby wanna come down to AZ and help me build an addition on the back of my house? hahaha*JK* I don't have enough money to even consider doing that. I gotta pore the slabs and crap first before I Even consider building on.

It looks good. And I guess I am a redneck too cause I made my shelf with wood that was so warped its not even close to being straight....
Oh well :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
John C

Post by John C »

Looks good Tracey! That was fast! Dang, I'm just building another shelf in my greenhouse and I'm not even halfway done!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

All done, now all i gota do is fill it with Agaves, i just put few other plants on there so you can see how it looks plus i gota get few more pots for holes and also little pots for the shelf part.
Aint it cute.. :P :D
Click pic for better viewing..
Tony

Post by Tony »

Thats clever, but I know you, its WAY to small. :P
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I agree with Tony. A clever idea! Have fun with your Agaves and their new "digs".
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
John C

Post by John C »

Very nice! It looks great!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Thanks everyone, Tony you da man you know me and yup im already planning more builds.. :wink: Hubbys like "Dont Even Go There!!" Time to get out the ball and chain.. HA!!!!! :P :D If we had more crap wood it would have been bigger like i planed but ya make do with what ya got.

Harriet, i cant wait to get more Agaves, not a big collection but just enough. :D

Thanks John.. :wink:
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Tracey,
ahahahaha nice, it's done :) It looks good...:)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.