TACSS 2010 Conference Houston, Texas

Post links, info, news, etc. regarding local and national cactus clubs and societies
John C

TACSS 2010 Conference Houston, Texas

Post by John C »

The Texas Association of Cactus and Succulent Societies yearly conference will be hosted by the Houston Cactus and Succulent Society, in Houston, Texas.

When:
Saturday, October 2 (Plant sale 8am - 5pm. Be there to register between 8 and 8:45am)
Field trips Sunday, October 3

Where:
Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
4501 Woodway Drive
Houston, TX 77024

There will be many great vendors, a cactus and succulent show, Many great speakers, and a plant auction! And the next day there will be 2 field trips.

Anyone else going?
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
m4rkz0r

Post by m4rkz0r »

Hey! I went to the show John. I didn't get there till around 2:00pm though. I met Mike Navolio, he's a nice guy. Showed me around the plants, and I talked to him for a bit. I got two cacti; Cleistocactus Strausii Monstrose, and Echinocereus viridiflourus var. canus. I bought them from Joyce Hochtritt, she's very nice.

I might go on the field trip tomorrow.
John C

Post by John C »

m4rkz0r wrote:Hey! I went to the show John. I didn't get there till around 2:00pm though. I met Mike Navolio, he's a nice guy. Showed me around the plants, and I talked to him for a bit. I got two cacti; Cleistocactus Strausii Monstrose, and Echinocereus viridiflourus var. canus. I bought them from Joyce Hochtritt, she's very nice.

I might go on the field trip tomorrow.
I'm glad you were able to make it! I love the Echinocereus you got. I have one and was looking at getting that one at the show, but decided against it. Good Choice! 8) Curious if you went on the field trips. The one in the woodlands had an amazing collection. Well, they all did, but that one just blew me away!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"