greenhouse on a budget

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
hob

greenhouse on a budget

Post by hob »

Hi, this forum section started after I built my greenhouses so I posted the information in my topics, greenhouse no 1 was brand new and cost about £1000 $1500 to buy and build.
later I decided to add a second greenhouse, money was a bit short at the time so I looked around for something cheaper.
I saw one advertised at my workplace for £40.00 about $60.00 US, there was a snag :? I had to dismantle it from site and move it home myself build some foundations for it and rebuild it in my garden, it was also too big for the space I had so I cut 2 feet off one end.
The ground in my garden slopes 2 ways so building foundations caused its own problems, however if you are willing to put in the time and effort a greenhouse costing about 20% of a new one can be yours.

you can follow the story in hobs topic 2008 page 27 to page 34

and turn this

into this

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=390

ok so there you are a 6 feet square greenhouse complete with base installed for less than £200 $300 no excuse for not having one now :D

other places to look for 2nd hand greenhouses are supermarket message boards and local papers.
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I remember when you did that. :D
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti