Central Arizona Cactus and Succulent Society Show and Sale

Post links, info, news, etc. regarding local and national cactus clubs and societies
peterb

Central Arizona Cactus and Succulent Society Show and Sale

Post by peterb »

Great show plants, wonderful vendors and a spectacular setting!

April 1-3 at the Desert Botanical Garden, 9-5 on Friday and Saturday and 9-4 on Sunday.

peterb
Zone 9
TimN

Post by TimN »

WoO Hoo! I plan on going Friday about noon. I wish I had been organized enough to get a table. The surplus cactus are building up around here!
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
peterb

Post by peterb »

I wish clubs and societies would schedule things more with a mind toward working people and people on a budget. I look forward to the event, but will have to miss all of Friday.

peterb
Zone 9
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

We'll be waiting for the pics!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I will be there on Sunday. I have a class at the DGB from 1-4, but I will be able to hopefully get in early enough on Sunday.

Due to budget constraints I will not have much money to spend and I will not have a chance to go on Friday or Saturday.

Tim, I will take whatever you don't want off your hands, but I need a new shelf!
Well I will see tomorrow! :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

peterb wrote:I wish clubs and societies would schedule things more with a mind toward working people and people on a budget. I look forward to the event, but will have to miss all of Friday.

peterb
I feel your pain Peter. We have done much the same at Gates C&SS. We used to run the S&S on Saturday and Sunday, but it got to the point that even showing up on Sunday was a waste of time. It is different at the Botanic Garden, but we fnally made it a one day event. Then someone got the bright idea to hold it on a Friday and Saturday. It has been a huge success.

There is no way to get around the fact that some of our members cannot participate on Friday, but we think that we increased our customer base by at least 50%.

I just posted the National Capital C&SS Show and Sale dates to the web site, and they are running Thursday through Saturday.

There are no easy answers.
Buck Hemenway
peterb

Post by peterb »

It's true Buck. I'm happy just to go on Saturday anyway. I just wish I had more time to be involved with the local club.

peterb
Zone 9
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I always feel as if I'm getting second best if I can't get to a show on the first day. I know it is not always true, but it is hard to get past the feeling that everything has been picked over and the best stuff is gone.
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
peterb

Post by peterb »

I went over yesterday and had a great time looking at plants, talking to Woody Minnich and others and resisting buying stuff (since I have three dozen plants coming in the mail soon....)

Hope you don't mind my posting some more photos, Tim.
Sale plants: Tephrocactus inarmata:
Nice asterias, Mam hernandezii
Agave utahensis nevadensis
Nice Haworthia bayeri

Huge DBG Echinopsis
onzuka
Mam lenta
Show plants: gorgeous Fouquieria purpusii

I'll post more later, seems to be a glitch communicating with the server at the moment.

peterb
Zone 9