Contest 53: Discussion and Related Pictures

Registered users may enter and vote on their favorite cactus picture!
Jens

Post by Jens »

Great Photos again Jordi.
Are the hairy things in the second pic the Mammillaria plants?
@SkyClanCat: nice thought to mirror the color of the spines in the sky! Allthough as it blends into each other, it takes away some of the highlights in color.
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

CactusJordi wrote:I had a hard time selecting a photo also. And I know this one will not make it this time as Buck Hemenway gave this plant (now 3 years older than the photo) only a 2nd price in the brag table competition at our club meeting yesterday :cry:
Sorry Jordi, but you have to admit that the Lobivia was beautiful too. Your mam is fantastic. It looks better the second day of flowers than it did on Saturday. Partilly because it had been indoors for 2 or so hours, I'm sure.
Buck Hemenway
CactusJordi

Post by CactusJordi »

Jens wrote:...Are the hairy things in the second pic the Mammillaria plants?....
Yes, seems to be there are 5 Mammillaria albicoma and a Tradescantia crassifolia? in this crack.
Buck Hemenway wrote: Sorry Jordi, but you have to admit that the Lobivia was beautiful too. Your mam is fantastic. It looks better the second day of flowers than it did on Saturday. Partilly because it had been indoors for 2 or so hours, I'm sure.
Buck, no problem at all. Certainly its flowers were not that wide open on Saturday due to the dark and cold room than the flowers of the same plant 3 years ago in the photo. And YES, the Lobivia deserved the 1st place!

Jordi
tumamoc

Post by tumamoc »

Melt In The Sun wrote:I'll submit a real one later, but I had to post this one. :mrgreen:

Pachycereus pringlei and Homo sapiens ssp. magnificus:

................................that's hysterical! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

lol once again I missed the photo contest. I have been pre-occupied lately lol

I was going to enter my T. hexadrophus into it but forgot to :(

Wonderful pictures all, and with PeterB, I think all of your 2nd choices are wonderful as well.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.