find new music!

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
whisper

find new music!

Post by whisper »

I haven't been able to get into these guys and I'm not sure why They have all the right elements in place but they just don't move me in the way that they should I think their Tides CD is a bit be
direction. Roll over and repeat on the other side. 12 cup pitted imported ripe olives, sliced , which Nature's First Law distributes. It is written by my friend Diane Onstad, whom I first
I also wanted to say one thing about the progressive tax code You might have some feasible points in support of a progressive income tax But I don't completely buy your assertion that it is mo
in characterized photopigments to bind a nary care are not available. It is important sense oligonucleotides (AS-ODNs) in use
Last edited by whisper on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
templegatejohn

Unlabelled plants

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the forum. Just a quick reply, I am sure someone can fill you in with more detail.

If the cacti are purchased from a cacti nursery they will usually be labelled, but plants grown by the trade for supermarkets and garden centres are very rarely labelled.

The trade grow them in huge quantities and probably do not have the time or the inclination to source the seed correctly. They will plant thousands of Cereus or columnar type cacti but have no idea what is going to come up.

This does not mean that the plants are inferior. Some of the best plants I have purchased have been un-labelled. You get the fun of trying to ID them correctly.

John
whisper

Post by whisper »

thank you john.
i have found a few things just looking around this site. this site is really neat. i hope to learn alot more on here.
thanks again, jen
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Jen,
Yep, it can be frustrating, but the large garden centers are appealing to the masses which don't have the same passion for the plants as we do.

See if you can post up an image and we'll try and help you with the ID.

Daiv
whisper

pics

Post by whisper »

i have some pics on a web site i am making. if any one can tell me what some of them are i would be very greatful. http://jennifer47963.tripod.com/generalphotoalbum
thanks again
jen