link to photos of my collection

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
bluedrinks

link to photos of my collection

Post by bluedrinks »

ok heres a link to photos of some of my collection.some pics i already had and some i took today.i will be updating with more photos soon.Enjoy!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y234/bluedrinks/
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

Very nice cacti :wink:
looks like you have alot of cuttings
that need to be planted also.
Your doing a great job, they look very happy.

Bob
bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

yes lots and lots of cuttings.recently someone chopped to hell out of one of those night blooming cactuses and dropped them off in the hills as well as a bunch of agaves with roots and all.i find all sorts of cactus in the hills that people dont want anymore.
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

bluedrinks wrote:yes lots and lots of cuttings.recently someone chopped to hell out of one of those night blooming cactuses and dropped them off in the hills as well as a bunch of agaves with roots and all.i find all sorts of cactus in the hills that people dont want anymore.
Man, wish I could get lucky and find cacti like that :o . Good to see ya figured out linking so we can admire your collection. I'm envious of people that can grow cacti outside year round :wink:

Bill
bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

you can see some of the cuttings on the ground of one of my pics.this cactus was gigantic and was hacked to peices.i was able to salvage much of what i found most i just stuck in pots but still have more work getting the rest into the ground.its the kind that bears fruit that is so very edible .a few years back i saw the garbage man eating the fruit i later tried it and it tasted awesome.almost better or much different than the prickly pear ( called TUNAS in spanish).i even picked fresh nopales tonight for my friends turtle.
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

bluedrinks wrote:yes lots and lots of cuttings.recently someone chopped to hell out of one of those night blooming cactuses and dropped them off in the hills as well as a bunch of agaves with roots and all.i find all sorts of cactus in the hills that people dont want anymore.
As it has been said,one mans trash is
another mans treasure :)
Looks like you have the treasure 8)

Bob
Barefoot_Ted

Post by Barefoot_Ted »

Very nice collection.

Where are you located?

Best, Barefoot Ted
bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

i'm in corona CA just west of riverside
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Bluedrinks,
Are you a member of your local CSS club? I'd recommend you join. (I think the one closest is the San Gabriel club in Ontario, but you'll have to check to be sure.)

Our club, Orange County CSS, just did a member garden tour last Saturday. I liked Hanks the best. Here is a picture of Hank in his garden:

bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

I'n not a memeber to any catus/succulent clubs.i think the closest one to me meets in san bernadino.the gates css.i met a woman in town who is a member and her garden is just amazing.last summer summer she gave me two buckets worth of cactus and succulent cuttings.all are doing well.i'll try to make it to a meeting i have lot of extra plants to share.