Cactus Dish??

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
Christine

Cactus Dish??

Post by Christine »

I planted this about 8 weeks ago and I dont think it's growing right :cry: Is it not enough sun? I thought at first it was going to be a flower,but I was wrong, it just doesnt look like its right to me :? I have it in a west window..
Thanks
Christine
Image[/img]
[IImageMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/ ... 0_1540.jpg[/IMG]
Paracelsus

Post by Paracelsus »

The Echeveria in front and the Euphorb at the top left are etiolating. This is caused by too little sun. Also, many of those plants will like very different watering regimes. Increase sunlight, but do it gradually. Consider growing the Echie in a different pot. It will want water more often than the cactus.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Thank you for your reply :wink: Since I have joined this forum I realize :oops: I made a mistake putting all them in one dish, Would it be alright now for me to re-pot them all now before winter sets in?
Thanks
Christine
hob

Post by hob »

Christine wrote: Would it be alright now for me to re-pot them all now before winter sets in?
Thanks
Christine
i would think so they will still have a few weeks to settle into new pots :) iv'e been repotting a few tonight myself. the main thing is to find somewhere with more light to put them.
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

I agree your cacti need more sunlight. The new growth on your Opuntia is unhappy. An east or southeast window would be more suitable.

You should be fine repotting now.
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it