Small powerful fan?

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
Succulent

Small powerful fan?

Post by Succulent »

I remember seeing in a post here a small but powerful fan that could be attached onto a wall in a greenhouse. Can't find that post now. I have been looking for that kind of fan to put into my 10' x 6' greenhouse.

Any info of were to find one is appreciated. It should not be very expensive like some commercial models are.
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

We use a 12" all plastic fan, i dont think it was much more than $25-30. Target, Walmart, Home Depot.

Its on a timer set for 10hrs per day, everyday. Depending on the temps, i manually switch the fan speed.
iann

Post by iann »

I also use standard domestic desk fans, and I have a floor-standing one to help out on that one hot day that we inevitably get every year. People are always getting rid of those things, maybe a bit dented but the plants don't mind :)
--ian
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

I use a small plastic fan that hangs from the greenhouse's rafters. In warm weather (most of the year here in Florida) it is plugged into a very inexpensive timer. And it is true, the plants really don't mind!
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
leftyman

Post by leftyman »

I have a free standing walmart $12.00 fan moving the air in my basement as I type this.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) You can get all sorts size fans to fit your needs that are not expensive, you can find fans at the goodwill, salvation army, habitat for humanity shop, dollar stores. We use regular house fans in diffrent sizes we found cheap from those places i mentiond, we incoperated a cheap dual window fan into the roof peak of our tropicals GH turned it backwards and its now a dual exhuast fan, works FANTASTIC, then we used some cheap small fans in diffrent corners of the GH to push/circulate the air around the plants, in the cacti GH i use a small box fan on the floor or on my work table to push air around and then at the door end i use a tall stand up circulating fan to push air and it helps keep plants cool when it gets to hot as even with vents up top open and both doors open it still can get very very hot in there. You dont have to spend alot of money to get fans that you may need or want to use.. :D

This is the one we used turned backwards to make a exhuast fan in the tropicals GH. I can run it at high, medium or low speed. :P
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

btw I recently was looking at fans to vent my attic. Does anyone know if they make them SQUARE at about 2X2 anymore?
All the ones at Walmart/HD were huge!
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

Peterthecactusguy, I use a solar attic fan on my greenhouse. The flange is around 2' x 2'. Does a good job on the greenhouse.