Forum Update About to Happen

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Forum Update About to Happen

Post by daiv »

Hi everyone. The existing pictures should all work now. That was a beast of a job. Hob that person logged in as me was the PHPBB mod guy fixing the login issues. I really couldn't do much while waiting for him to work on that. So I got caught up on some bill paying and other things I put off for a while. Now back to getting the forum back into shape.

Next step: Fix the header and overall forum look and layout.

We will get this thing dialed in. I'm sure we'll never have something the EVERYONE is 100% in agreement with, but I think the goal is to have it as clean and easy as possible. Not to mention set up so that it looks good in all browsers.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hob

Post by hob »

Daiv i just got email that a reply was made to this topic ......first time for that........... seems things are progressing :)
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
hob

Post by hob »

are we still limiting new members? no new spam for a few days?
incurable cactoholic
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yes, once we get the layout fixed up, the rest should be just minor settings that appeal to the majority.

(There is currently double the data on the server right now too so the disc space for the account is maxed. Tony Mace is really being great about accommodating this need for us, but I will want to get it back down to size here eventually.)

As for new members, they should be good to go. The new site has a much more robust Spam filter so we should see much less of that.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hob

Post by hob »

daiv wrote: As for new members, they should be good to go. The new site has a much more robust Spam filter so we should see much less of that.

Daiv

OK i'm maintaining my morning watch for spam while you are asleep, no new members for a few days now :D
incurable cactoholic
hob

Post by hob »

Tony Mace is a great guy dedicated to the cactus growing fraternity we owe him a great debt :D
incurable cactoholic