PLEASE READ THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
templegatejohn

PLEASE READ THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi everybody,

Daiv has taken me on board to help with the running of the forum which is becoming more and more popular and entails quite a lot of work for Daiv, adding new pictures, new pages, replying to E-mails etc. As Daiv has a lot of extra work coming his way at the moment I have decided it is time to clean up the forum a little by doing the following:

1. Non-cacti related material on the forum, text and pictures will be removed in 2 weeks time. If you wish to save any of these posts back them off onto your own computer now.

2. In future material of this nature, i.e. chit-chat will stay on the forum for a month and then be deleted.

3. Perhaps as well some posts may be edited, but wherever possible the person who wrote the post will be informed of this and why it has happened.

Before some of you start to get your heckles up this is not a round about way of asking you to stop these sort of posts, far from it. I love them and enjoy partaking in them as well, particularly with Bob, Bill, Kari and many others, who seem to have the same sense of humour as me "weird" is an apt word, I think.

I know that Daiv wants the forum to be a friendly one too and I am sure it encourages new members to join, who otherwise may think the Forum is too daunting to use.

It is just that as we say in England, we would like to keep it "lean and mean" This will make looking for information easier for everyone.

These amendments are for the benefit of all Forum members and I hope you will accept that Daiv and I need to keep on top of things.

Keep those posts coming. Between all of us, i.e. the members of the forum, we can set the world to rights and probably answer questions on anything from midwifery to witchcraft, but keep in mind our main aim is CACTI

All the best everyone, and good health and good growing.

John
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Thanks John.

Everyone, please note, this was actually John's idea as a solution to my earlier concerns about getting too far off subject. I think his idea here is a good way for us to have the best of both worlds.

1. The forum will be kept relevent to the subject; Cacti.

2. We can get to know each other better.

So as John says, post away and put this site to good use!

Daiv
kari

Post by kari »

Hey, I have an idea, as well, too, alll-so:

Those of us who use the "private message" or basically CactiGuide email should delete messages not needed (like me!) and that should help keep the bandwidth at a good level.

Cheers!
kari the weird
templegatejohn

Private messages

Post by templegatejohn »

Good thinking Kari

John
cactusbutt

Re: PLEASE READ THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Post by cactusbutt »

Sounds like a great idea John =D>
Last edited by cactusbutt on Fri May 27, 2005 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

John,

Noticed awhile back when ya became a person of authority (moderator).It's good to see ya given Daiv a hand, congradulations.

All your ideas are good with me :wink:

Not sure about the weird part but I will admit to being different :)

Bill
Barefoot_Ted

Post by Barefoot_Ted »

Sounds good to me.

I have been away from the list for a while :-({|= . Been busy...collecting more cactus and succulents...along with running up mountains!

I have a whole heap of new plants I will soon be requesting identification. :P

Best, Barefoot Ted
http://www.BarefootTed.com
bobwarfield

question

Post by bobwarfield »

I am 67 years old and am not as savvy about how to do things on a site like this one, as younger folks seem to be. I'm from Illinois, USA, and learned, much to my surprise, that there are cacti that grow here. An Audubon trip lead me to them. I was trying to identify tham on this site, and thought I would post a photo. My problem is that I don't know how to attach a photo to this e-mail. Instructions, please.

Bob
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here as there is alot of friendly and knowledgable people here.
it's surprising where cactus can grow. We have a few of them here in Kansas also.

Heres a link that explains how to post pictures. If all else fails you can e-mail me the picture and I'll gladly post it for you.

Bob wrote:
I am 67 years old and am not as savvy about how to do things on a site like this one, as younger folks seem to be.
I'm not a spring chicken myself and know what you mean.
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
bobwarfield

???

Post by bobwarfield »

I don't mean to be difficult, but where is the link?

Bob
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

My bad, I was having a senior moment :wink:
Heres the link:

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
bobwarfield

Later

Post by bobwarfield »

Thanks, I'm give it a shot soon.