Port Wakefield, South Australia

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
fifteenjugglers

Port Wakefield, South Australia

Post by fifteenjugglers »

There used to be a cactus garden south of Port Wakefield, South Australia, right alongside the highway. It hasn't been there for around 10-12 years. Sometimes, when I was a child, my family would stop there on our way to Adelaide. I was fascinated by the place and feel it contributed to my interest in cacti as an adult.

Does anyone remember this place?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey welcome to the forum -creative username.

I've never been down under so I don't remember anything about Australia. :lol:

CP or Murph might know about it -I wouldn't be surprised if CP popped out some pictures of the place.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cactuspolecat

Post by cactuspolecat »

fifteenjugglers... welcome to the forum, I've never actually been to SA, I've heard others talk of a cactus garden somewhere over there, probably the same place you're referring to... pity if it's not there anymore. I used to correspond with someone at Gawler too, who had a nice cactus garden there... don't know if that's anywhere near there.
There's nothing like seeing a well laid-out garden with beautiful mature specimens to inspire interest.

CP.
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.
SJH

Re: Port Wakefield, South Australia

Post by SJH »

Greetings fifteen jugglers,
I to have recently been asking that same question. We never stopped there but I do remember it clearly.
I asked a councillor for info, he's checking for me.
I hope you are able to see this after 6 years.

Best regards,
Steve.
janvi

Re: Port Wakefield, South Australia

Post by janvi »

What you think about Arizona Cactus Ranch Garden
This is the Arizona Cactus Ranch Garden in Windsor, South Australia. It's an impressive sight even for someone who doesn't appreciate plants, gardens or cacti in particular.