Anyone feel like they have information overload

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
CactusBoss

Anyone feel like they have information overload

Post by CactusBoss »

I have become addicted to looking up new information online and constantly checking my email everyday. I only spend like an hour at a time browsing forums(like this one)and compulsively looking up information about my hobbies(plants being one of them)but it has gotten to the point where i feel like i always have to do it. Anyone else feel like this, i wonder what to do about it because i don't want it to get in the way of school 8-[
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
cactushobbyman

Re: Anyone feel like they have information overload

Post by cactushobbyman »

Most everything I do is online from banking to my wife talking to her family in Mexico via Facebook. At work, everything is browser based. Almost all of my lesson plans are generated and projected through my laptop. When school starts up again, I can spend up to 2 hours per night finishing up work or prepping for the next day, week or month.
Gnostic

Post by Gnostic »

you can put everything you learn online about your (our) hobby here into practice in your own garden. It will get you away from your comp and you will be spending that time admiring and caring for your plants :)
waiting for godot...
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

The way to keep it under control is to set a time limit and stick to it. Use an alarm if you need to. Something like 30 minutes per day, or whatever time limit works for you. The info isn't going anywhere so just continue where you left off tomorrow! Another way to do it is to only surf the web after you've finished your studying for the evening.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants