Opuntia compressa/ humifusa wanted

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Glochid Fingers

Opuntia compressa/ humifusa wanted

Post by Glochid Fingers »

I have been looking for this opuntia for quite some time. Also opuntia fragilis. I would like a good amount from several different clones for genetic variation if possible. But i will accept cuttings from a single clone. I have for trade about 10 or more 8 inch long Hylocereus undatus unrooted cuttings. Or unrooted opuntia santa rita if you prefer. You can trade me either of the opuntia for either of these, or make a trade offer of your own. If you root yours i will root mine :wink:
Please pm me if interested and we can talk about the details. Thank you.
Peterthecactusguy

Re: Opuntia compressa/ humifusa wanted

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

now isn't that great a time to take cutting, but I have some O. fragilis/polycantha hybrids, if you want one of those. Send me a pm if interested. And btw I have lots of other Opuntia, so I might have something else you want.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
A. Dean Stock

Post by A. Dean Stock »

I have a couple of clones of O. fragilis from this area and they always drop a few (to many) cladodes each summer. Ask me later in spring or summer and I'll send you what falls off instead of replanting them.
Dean
Albert Dean Stock,Ph.D.
Alkharid

Post by Alkharid »

But i will accept cuttings from a single clone. I have for trade about 10 or more 8 inch long Hylocereus undatus unrooted cuttings
Hi sir Glochid,

Are you optionally selling your 10 or more 8 inch long Hylocereus undatus unrooted cuttings,
I'm pretty interested to have it for my additive collections,

Post by Brandoncyclonefan »

Hey there,

I have been attempting to do the same thing. I collected a bit of seed from O. humifusa in Omaha, NE. I also collected from the ecotype native to northeast IL (Chicago, IL area). (Although I'm not sure what the germination rate will be on those.) If you are interested I can send a few of those. I can also let you know in the future if I collect more. If interested, I would be willing to trade for a pad of O. santa rita or other Opuntia pads/seed.
I have a plant I got in Michigan growing in my yard, so if it does well this spring I will propagate some pads.

-Brandon