Adansonia digitata seeds

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Mark

Re: Adansonia digitata seeds

Post by Mark »

Great plant Ivan!! It looks good. I am not sure if it should go dormant.

Mark
majcka

Post by majcka »

Shame on me. I overlooked this post for a whole month. :oops:

Ivan, it is a nice plant. I didn't get any from my seeds. I'm still wondering if I should try once again. :-k
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

Mark wrote:Great plant Ivan!! It looks good. I am not sure if it should go dormant.
Thanks, Mark. I don't have a lot of info on how to take care of it so I am just doing what looks right to me.
majcka wrote:.... I didn't get any from my seeds. I'm still wondering if I should try once again. :-k
I think you should, Maja. You'll be here for another 100yrs with me to see it mature, right?
majcka

Post by majcka »

You know what, Ivan. I think I should. 8) And I think I will....soon. :)
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

I obviously underestimated the depth of the pot. Hopefully this transplant will help. I'd like to expose the top of the roots a bit more.
IMG_1873-IMG_1874.jpg
IMG_1873-IMG_1874.jpg (39.85 KiB) Viewed 3818 times
eulaspiegel

Post by eulaspiegel »

Ivan C wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:07 pm I obviously underestimated the depth of the pot. Hopefully this transplant will help. I'd like to expose the top of the roots a bit more.

IMG_1873-IMG_1874.jpg
Hi,
I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for Baobab experiences, is this plant still alive 8 years later? :) And if so, how did you take care of it?
Growing mostly under LED lights, in northern latitudes. Especially interested in stem succulents and caudiciforms. Dreaming of my first greenhouse.
Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

eulaspiegel wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:13 pm Hi,
I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for Baobab experiences, is this plant still alive 8 years later? :) And if so, how did you take care of it?
Yes it is alive and it has company. I grew a second one the next season.
I don't do anything special. I put them outside when temperature is above 10°C and bring them in at the end of the season when temperature gets below 10°C. I haven't figured how I want to prune them but I guess I have another 100 years to decide that. :lol:
eulaspiegel

Post by eulaspiegel »

Ivan C wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:13 pm Yes it is alive and it has company. I grew a second one the next season.
I don't do anything special. I put them outside when temperature is above 10°C and bring them in at the end of the season when temperature gets below 10°C. I haven't figured how I want to prune them but I guess I have another 100 years to decide that. :lol:
Nice! Can you put up a photo (only if and when you have time of course) ? I have two seedlings going that are now a couple of weeks old, I hope I can keep them alive as long as you :)
Growing mostly under LED lights, in northern latitudes. Especially interested in stem succulents and caudiciforms. Dreaming of my first greenhouse.
ossy96

Post by ossy96 »

Show us your Baobab! 😁