HBGs - Annual Spring Plant Sale (Apr 28-29)

Post links, info, news, etc. regarding local and national cactus clubs and societies
Minime8484

HBGs - Annual Spring Plant Sale (Apr 28-29)

Post by Minime8484 »

Members-Only Preview Sale on Apr 28th (Sat) from 10:30am-4:30pm.
Public Sale on Apr 29th (Sun) from 10:30am-4:30pm

http://www.huntington.org/huntingtonlib ... px?id=3904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was hoping to get there again this year (made the 5 hour one-way trip for the sale last year - and didn't regret it!), but it doesn't look like I'll be able to swing it this year.
Anyone planning on being there? Would love to have someone keep an eye out for some goodies I'm looking for! :wink:
Saxicola

Re: HBGs - Annual Spring Plant Sale (Apr 28-29)

Post by Saxicola »

I'm planning on going. I'd be happy to help you find anything you need. Just let me know what you are looking for.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
cefalophone

Post by cefalophone »

I too am hoping to make it. I have not been to their sales before. What type of cacti do they usually have for sale. I am hoping they have some sulcorebutia.
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

This plant sale is a mixture of all kinds of plants, though C&S are very well represented. I'm sure they will have some Sulcorebutia. Since you are in LA just go check it out, but keep in mind that this only is Huntington's plants. What you really want to do this year is go to some of the big shows as you get many different vendors offering their plants. The Huntington has the Cactus and Succulent Society of America show in July. There you get the same offerings by Huntington as in April but with 10-20 other vendors too and it is just C&S. The Intercity Show in August is the biggest one of all and you get vendors from all over the place, even Arizona and New Mexico coming in (such as Miles to Go).

Of course I need to plug the LA Cactus and Succulent Society show which is called the "Drought Tolerant Plant Festival"! It takes place June 8&9. I'm helping out with the show and will even be selling plants there. In many ways it is the most fun show to attend because there is more going on than just sales and show plants. Anyway, the LACSS website has a good calendar of events:

http://www.lacactus.com/Event-Calendar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants