help, can't post photos

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
philwilliams

help, can't post photos

Post by philwilliams »

No sure exactly where to put this but anyway, i'm having trouble uploading photos -keeps coming up with this message after i've hit the upload button
'Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /home/daiv/public_html/forum/includes/functions_upload.php on line 112'. It seems to be saying theres not enough memory but the topic i'm trying to add to is only 3 pages long. Ideas anyone ?Thanks
majcka

Re: help, can't post photos

Post by majcka »

Your pic is too big. Try to downsize it a bit.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

philwilliams

Post by philwilliams »

Just tried to upload a photo which was 746 mb, the poorest quality, and still would not work ???
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

The pics on this site tend to be under 100 kb, with a max of around 600 pixels on one of the sides. I think your pic has to be a lot smaller. I don't know what you used to downsize, but a lot of us use (free) programs like Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Hope that helps.
Every day, after supper, Granny walks two miles. We haven't seen her in years.
philwilliams

Post by philwilliams »

My message should read kb , anyway if thats the case i'd better work out how to shrink photos, I had a look at irfanview site but unfortunately its for pc and i use a mac, thanks anyway Bruce
philwilliams

Post by philwilliams »

just worked out how to resize photos by exporting them from iphoto, thanks everyone for your input
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi Phil for the Mac see:-

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easy-ways- ... hotos-mac/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
philwilliams

Post by philwilliams »

cheers Dave, thats exactly where i got the idea from to to resize using iphoto, i'm very new to Macs.