Hello!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
bambi135

Hello!

Post by bambi135 »

Hello!

My name is Amber, I'm 18, and I live in Yorkshire, England. I got my first cactus 3 or 4 years ago, but my interest in growing plants has 'bloomed' ( :wink: ) the last few months... Good pun? I thought so... :lol:

I have 2 dogs, and a paradise fish who lives happily in my bedroom. Currently unemployed, hoping to find work within the next few weeks, and then I can spends lots of moneys. :mrgreen:

So yeah... Need some friends on here, feel free to talk to me, I don't bite. 8-[
JimHSoars

Re: Hello!

Post by JimHSoars »

Welcome Amber!

You are young. Just right for starting slow growing cactus from seed. I have a friend who has a Astrophytum myriostigma that was germinated in 1928 and willed to him by the original owner.

You might want to post your pic on the Mug Shots thread.

Have fun.

- Jim
The plural for cactus should be CACTUS, as in this buffalo and those buffalo or moose and moose etc. (Yes, we US Westerners call Bison Buffalo.)
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

Wow, I bet it's so fascinating knowing that cactus is so old and has no doubt good history behind it!

I shall check out the mug shot now! :)

Thankyou for the welcome x
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Hello there Amber

=^-^=

I'm new around these parts meself.

Pull yourself up a Browser and make yourself @ Homepage

Quote: Maruno ( cabbit patch )
bambi135

Post by bambi135 »

Hello, Welcome to you too! :D x
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! There are actually quite a few English (country, not language!) members here!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.