Winter in Pennsylvania?

Discuss hardy cacti grown outside all year.
altevogt69

Winter in Pennsylvania?

Post by altevogt69 »

I have more cacti then I probably should have taken on for only my second yr of caring for them. However it's too late to turn back now. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm concerned about the winter. Any inexpensive ideas I can do for them to keep them strong and healthy. I had 2 last yr and only one made it through the winter. So I'm nervous and don't want to keep them bunched inside if I don't have to. Thanks to these forums I'm only now figuring out what they are so if you need names I can do my best, but still figuring them out. Thanks I'm advance.
majcka

Re: Winter in Pennsylvania?

Post by majcka »

Many of thet winter resting things depends on where exactly you live (Pennsylvania has 5a to 7b zones) and where exactly your cacti are (in pots, in ground...). All those which can't survive winter outside must be moved inside the house no matter what (or some other place warm enough). For others some rain shelter or unheated GH (even a little one) can do (if you have any such possibilities) If not move them inside too.

But telling us about possibilities would do much difference about thinking what to do. :-k
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook