Music: What are you listening too ?

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
jerrytheplater

Re: Music: What are you listening too ?

Post by jerrytheplater »

mmcavall wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:47 am
cactushobbyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 pm Willie, Waylon and the Boys. Old school country, mid 70's is a good start; The Outlaws, The Highway Men albums etc., 2nd is Classic Country. 3rd is New Country, a little too much Rock mix in. Nothing like a good Steel Guitar in a song, drinking, fishing, a beat up truck and a good woman. :)

Is she gone for the summer, gone for the night?
Gone for the weekend or the rest of my life?
Was she laughing, was she crying
As she walked away?
I can't say
I was on a boat that day

8)
I'm gonna search for these ones. I like country music but don't know very much about it...it seems to be an universe and I don't know what to search for. Thanks for the names.

Currently I'm totally into Tiger Army. I discovered Tiger Army when searching for country music: I stumbled on the Nick13 solo disco...wow...that's good! ...and them I discovered that he has also a rockabilly band called Tiger Army...a kind of music I would never listen to, but that I'm totally into nowadays.
Look for Hank Williams. Read about the Grand Ole Opry and its history: https://www.opry.com/our-story/ You'll get a lot of names to check out there.

I just read that Uncle Jimmy Thompson played on the first broadcast. Here's a YouTube of him playing his fiddle. Don't know the date. He was born in 1845 or so! https://youtu.be/WkFk9m0h6a8
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

Cool, thanks Jerry!
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

Big fan of Eric Johnson’s music. If I’m feeling something more deep ill listen to Tool
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a