Music: What are you listening too ?

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Eutow_Intermedium

Music: What are you listening too ?

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

I thought i'd open up this thread , as I was in my Living room having a brief moment square in front of my wall mounted speakers with a bridged speaker under my Coffee table and with the cat in between me legs thought.

It would be nice to know what music peeps on Cacti Guide are currently listening to at that moment.

I just bought a new computer and it has been a while since I took some time just to sit there and enjoy the Sound waves.

Maybe all of you could share what you are currently listening to , and maybe we could comment or discuss your musical lunge room moments in here.

Right now I am listening to one of my favourite groups and duo

Autechre

Track : Piezo

From their album ( Amber )

It's and Electronic IDM track that has a slowly rising and developing landscape with complex beats throughout.

And no i'm not smoking anything or eating glaucous slow growing cacti , even though it may look like that sometimes :lol:
CactusBoss

Re: Music: What are you listening too ?

Post by CactusBoss »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0T7F1Rh4E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this song makes me feel so happy!
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ »

Steven Wilson Grace for drowning when I need spacey stuff not full elecronica, JJ Grey and Mofro when I want Florida swamp rock, John Coltrane My Favorite things also live on Coltranology (interplay between Trane and McCoy Tyner is heaven) Yes Tales of the Topographic Ocean for standard ProgAnnabelle Chvostek for contemporary Folk. Bobby Z
majcka

Post by majcka »

ABBA rules, if you ask me. :lol:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

melodies

Post by melodies »

Oboe concertos & solos. 6 Metamorphoses After Ovid is a favorite. Tough stuff, that. Beautiful to listen to, but tough to play. Hmmm, there's always Sonata for Oboe and Piano by Poulenc, and if I get going now I'll never stop so I'll leave the list at that! :lol:
-Jolene

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
-Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

majcka wrote:ABBA rules, if you ask me. :lol:
Oh crist....not another one! :lol: Wife tortures me with that stuff all the time nowadays, though I have to admit I can live better with Abba than her old addiction to Backstreet Boys ](*,)

Bit of a mixed taste in music myself but mainly I'm a metal head. Though not foreign to some classic Blues and even Jazz.
majcka

Post by majcka »

SnowFella wrote:
majcka wrote:ABBA rules, if you ask me. :lol:
Oh crist....not another one! :lol: Wife tortures me with that stuff all the time nowadays, though I have to admit I can live better with Abba than her old addiction to Backstreet Boys ](*,)

Bit of a mixed taste in music myself but mainly I'm a metal head. Though not foreign to some classic Blues and even Jazz.
What about local patriothism? Maybe your wife want to bring your child memories back? Image
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Eutow_Intermedium

Sorry for the Dlay , been realy busy. Wow it seems our interests in music here are as numerous and complex as the amount of Cacti and Succulents we grow.

I have'nt realy been listening to any music in the past feew days. But I can say that I have now heard that song that I features Kanye West I think and some bird that cant seem to sing at all.

Going on about some American Boy. Every time I hear that song , it makes me want to puke.

:(

Edit :

Ok , now i'm listening to music

Time 22.37pm

Track : My soul is at the end of the universe

Artist : Rados

From the Album Rados : The transparent man. This album is truly incredible and it seems that hardly anybody knows about it. I can highly recommend everybody looking it up , you won't be disappointed.

This track has been put onto the Compilation . Deep and Chilled Euphoria of 2001. Mixed by ( Red Jerry )

Again this is music well worth listening too and getting hold of. If you like the Chilled dance music. you may have to download the music as i'm pretty sure by now the CD's are deleted and now not available in the shops. But then there are hardly and music shops left now , as it's all online.

The tracks on the Chilled Euphoria ( 2001 ) and Deep and Chilled Euphoria albums are blending and Rados was promptly followed by Leftfield : Melt.

Leftfield ( Leftism ( 1995 )

Another album well worth having. .
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I'm a bit of an odd one here, I like a good mix of music. I listen to screamo rock, all kinds of dubstep and dance and Hip hop. I'm a bit odd. Really anything with bass and feeling. :D
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
Eutow_Intermedium

I like a bit of Hip Hop meself , but not main stream. Being in the South london Urban Arts collective. Hip Hop is part of that so I have been to nights to see them doing sets and at the end a cypher .

A lot of the Hip Hop artists started as Graffiti Writers.

I like TPS Family, Oliver Sudden and Ruthless Brownhill , but there are so many local rappers out there. Emerge MC, Oracy Chambers, Crackerjack Jon and one just down the road from me Kwaks ( duck muzik )

There's a song by Jimmy Jitsu from a few years back ( flawed by design ) thats good. But he sees to have gone a bit quiet since.
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

Pretty much everything I listen to is outside of mainstream listening. :P Right now listening to some nice, sludgy, doom metal from everyone's favourite eyehategod. Been listening to the whole album Dopesick. Probably listen to something a little lighter and electronic after, like Depeche Mode or Aesthetic Perfection or Kraftwerk! :D
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
BobbyZ

Post by BobbyZ »

The new tangent CD "Le sacre du travail" is a prog rock symphony. I love any music where Theo travis adds his sax and flute, Nice to have input from flower King Jonas Reingold and Jakko Jaksyck on guitar and vocals adding to Abdy Tillmans raving on and keyboards. Cool stuff Bobby Z
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

These days I've been listening to Dire Straits while driving, since my last road trip I kept the album in the stereo. Really good music for the road!
Bruno
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Tool...since I discovered them I have not listened to much else check out the 10, 000 days album it amazing very complex.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Eutow_Intermedium

Right now pre my trip to wales I have been listen to the music of the man..

Alan Higgins.

I have a CD called Changes which is just him with his bluesy slide guitar , showing us what the real master he is..

Then I listened to his CD recorded at the Cherry Trees pub at Norwood Junction ( south london ) uk. This one being with a band including Reg the legde Patten.

The man had had problems with his hearing from young and at times had to use his teeth against the guitar to be able to tune it properly. Since his hearing has gone down further ,and couple with tinitus he has pretty much retired to a solitary life in Southern wales to be part of the woods, nature and mountains that he has sung about for all these years.

The man's a F!%kin Backsliding genius. he's the funniest guy you could ever meet.

Aparently he has turned veggie too now , and the last pictures I have seen of him he's looking a bit thinner and more than a little grey.

But it will be nice to see him again. last thing I heard , he was getting our bed ready Kim and I.

Not long now.

I'm taking him down a young Pilosocereus Pachyclados /us and yes , the usual Mammilaria Prolifera ( multiceps ) texana . This ones even got a nice juicy red berry on it.

I will also be taking my Astrophytum Capricorne senile with me. As it's just about to flower and I dont want to miss it.

:P