Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Jangaudi

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Jangaudi »

abhikjha wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 pm Hi all, what's the general feedback on germination rate and quality of seeds from ADBLPS?
Generally they are quite good I think, but probably they gather the seeds from different growers so a bad batch is still possible.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

Thanks a lot! Hope I get all good batches 😀
I heard recently bad reviews of Koehres, any idea about the Kakteen Piltz?
Tropical weather, no winters! :roll:
x_101

Post by x_101 »

abhikjha wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 pm Hi all, what's the general feedback on germination rate and quality of seeds from ADBLPS?

I recently ordered many seeds from them. Very funnily, my first order went to Indonesia instead of coming to India due to a goof up by French post office. Luckily Indonesia custom department decided to head it back to India.
Yeah, I ordered in June and everything went well with the seller, but French post lost my package so I'm waiting for some update on the claim. I hope I'll hear from them before I get too old to remember I placed this order.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

x_101 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:59 pm Yeah, I ordered in June and everything went well with the seller, but French post lost my package so I'm waiting for some update on the claim. I hope I'll hear from them before I get too old to remember I placed this order.
How lousy!!
tingyisu

Post by tingyisu »

abhikjha wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:50 pm Thanks a lot! Hope I get all good batches 😀
I've ordered from Kakteen Piltz about 2 years ago. Their prices are very reasonable and all the seeds I ordered had high germination rate. Each packet of seeds (especially the mesemb seeds, except for those with only 10 seeds or less) had more seeds than stated. Their postage prices are a bit pricey though and the minimum order price is 15 euros.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

tingyisu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:18 pm
abhikjha wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:50 pm Thanks a lot! Hope I get all good batches 😀
I've ordered from Kakteen Piltz about 2 years ago. Their prices are very reasonable and all the seeds I ordered had high germination rate. Each packet of seeds (especially the mesemb seeds, except for those with only 10 seeds or less) had more seeds than stated. Their postage prices are a bit pricey though and the minimum order price is 15 euros.
Thanks a lot! I recently sowed some seeds which I ordered from Kakteen Piltz. Let's hope I get decent germination rate. I also ordered some seeds from ADBLPS and in few days got some sprouts. Waiting for their new list now.
tingyisu

Post by tingyisu »

abhikjha wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm
tingyisu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Thanks a lot! I recently sowed some seeds which I ordered from Kakteen Piltz. Let's hope I get decent germination rate. I also ordered some seeds from ADBLPS and in few days got some sprouts. Waiting for their new list now.
No problem! Happy growing :)
I'm also awaiting the new list from ADBLPS.
x_101

Post by x_101 »

x_101 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:59 pm

I recently ordered many seeds from them. Very funnily, my first order went to Indonesia instead of coming to India due to a goof up by French post office. Luckily Indonesia custom department decided to head it back to India.
Yeah, I ordered in June and everything went well with the seller, but French post lost my package so I'm waiting for some update on the claim. I hope I'll hear from them before I get too old to remember I placed this order.
Just a status update. After all this time, I have finally received the seeds. It could've been faster, but La Poste had to send me a physical letter asking me to write them an email and specify that I did not receive the package. Anyway, everything's fine now.
As for the seeds, they're nicely packed with tiny labels with all the info. Can't wait to see the germination rates.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

It is the time of the year for seed lists to be updated again!

First one that I know of is the list of Ladislav Fischer from the Czech Republic. He has updated his list earlier today. Mostly Acanthocalycium, Lobivia, Mediolobivia, Weingartia and Sulcorebutia, but also some other Southern American species. As I am getting more and more into hardy cacti, I could not resist the spiney Acanthocalycium and spiney Lobivias that can cope -10C.

You can request his list via email. If you don't have his email, send me a private message and I can send it over to you. I don't know if it is appropriate to put it on this forum directly.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Oh, and the list of the Sarnes couple from Germany has also been updated recently. So if you are into Patagonian species, well in this case Austrocactus specifically, have a look at the list on http://cactus-de-patagonia.de/samenliste.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

In the mean time when this forum was out, many seed lists have been updated:
  • In September the list of Frantisek Sibal from the Czech Republic was published. His list offers mostly Lobivia, Acanthocalycium and other Southern American genera. I got a speedy service and some bonus seeds, both are always nice. You can request his list via email. If you don't have his email, send me a private message and I can send it over to you. I don't think it is appropriate to put it on this forum directly. Let me know if you want a copy of his list.
  • Succseed in Sweden has updated the seed list in early October. See: www.succseed.com/en/
    As always some interesting things. Yavia cryptocarpa is on the list, for those who would like to give it a try. But I reckon by now those are already sold out...
  • Early December Volker Schaedlich from Germany has his new list at www.gymnos.de
  • And just last week also Succulenta has updated its annual seed lists: https://succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/
    It is not just for members, but members do get a 30% discount, get first in line when ordering and can request a free 250 seeds mix of old seeds from 2009 or younger (from my experience these still germinate well, and it looks like most of seeds that do germinate are Gymnocalyciums).
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Aiko wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:19 pm
Anyone receive anything yet from this place?
I know they are notoriously slow-ish, but mine is going on 3 months, so just curious if he is moving through orders yet at all.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Yes, about a week ago.

I am still waiting for seeds from Succseed that was sent in the post late November. I have given up on that, though...
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Aiko wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:36 pm Yes, about a week ago.

I am still waiting for seeds from Succseed that was sent in the post late November. I have given up on that, though...
Thanks! Good to know.

I ordered from Succseed on Nov 30th and received my seeds on Jan 4 (via the USDA inspection office).
Jangaudi

Post by Jangaudi »

Minime8484 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:19 am Anyone receive anything yet from this place?
I know they are notoriously slow-ish, but mine is going on 3 months, so just curious if he is moving through orders yet at all.
Did they send you an email already with the note "your order is prepared" ?