Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Jangaudi

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Jangaudi »

I also scratched my skull at the explanation of the ordering rules...can't get it into my head. Also I have no idea what the rainbow of different colors in the excel file mean. And if the Chinese customers who put the note addressed to them, in their online translator...I really wonder what comes out of that...probably some fairytale about dragons with two heads and knights with numbers on their chests battling for glory :D
supergodzilla

Post by supergodzilla »

Agree that the instructions are a bit complex and quite archaic, but I've submitted an order. Will keep the thread updated with how it goes. (I wanted those Euphorbia gymnocalycioide seeds!)
bartab

Post by bartab »

Just want to pass along that I placed an order for some seeds from Succseed. Going to try some Echinomastus and some Escobaria. Received the order in great shape today. I consider 12 days, actually 11, pretty darn good. I am in Northern California and these shipped from Sweden. Happy. Hoping to have some luck with Echinomastus unguispinus and Escobaria abdita.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another seed list, only succulents this time on the list of Sekce pěstitelů sukulentů: https://www.sukulenty-sps.cz/clanky/nab ... -2020.html

I don't have experience with this list myself, so can't judge its reliability, speedyness et cetera. The only noteworthy remark I can give that this list is 'other succulents' only.
Fatich

Post by Fatich »

bartab wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 am Just want to pass along that I placed an order for some seeds from Succseed. Going to try some Echinomastus and some Escobaria. Received the order in great shape today. I consider 12 days, actually 11, pretty darn good. I am in Northern California and these shipped from Sweden. Happy. Hoping to have some luck with Echinomastus unguispinus and Escobaria abdita.
I ve just sowed some seeds of Escobaria and Mammillaria species from Succseed, waiting for them to germinate.
Mammillaria roemeri
Mammillaria napina
Escobaria abdita
Escobaria muehlbaueriana
Escobaria missouriensis
supergodzilla

Post by supergodzilla »

The excellent adblps-graines-cactus.com has updated its list.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

For now it only shows the French part to be updated. For the English section you need to fiddle with the URL and changes the dates in the URL. But of course that will only lead to the exact same file as the link from the French section, I assume (and hope).
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

They still haven't updated the main index page.... I'm hoping not too many noticed since I only got my order in at 12:36PM EST
Usually Yavia goes real fast and I do know I have some other choice species on my list that I sent.
Lots of cool new additions though, I specifically saw all the Pediocactus that was added- good since Mesa used to be my source for those.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Fatich

Post by Fatich »

gemhunter178 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:35 am They still haven't updated the main index page.... I'm hoping not too many noticed since I only got my order in at 12:36PM EST
Usually Yavia goes real fast and I do know I have some other choice species on my list that I sent.
Lots of cool new additions though, I specifically saw all the Pediocactus that was added- good since Mesa used to be my source for those.
Did you get an email regarding your order confirmation?
supergodzilla

Post by supergodzilla »

Fatich wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:15 am
gemhunter178 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:35 am They still haven't updated the main index page.... I'm hoping not too many noticed since I only got my order in at 12:36PM EST
Did you get an email regarding your order confirmation?
From experience it usually takes a few days to receive confirmation.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

I'm hoping my interests are not popular and putting in my first order at the end of the day. We'll see how it goes.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

I got my response this morning, only 4 things on my list were sold out, and one of those was the Yavia (I still have 5 seeds that haven't sprouted from last year though, and will try again with them)
For those curious, these were sold out on my initial list:
Epithelantha bokei (there's only one)
Pediocactus despainii (but I managed to get Pediocactus knowltonii)
Pelecyphora aselliformis, 2442
and of course the Yavia...

I did send back a short replacement list and got a quick response back.
Mammillaria theresae [AL/19] and Mammillaria pectinifera, 895 were still in stock, but Mammillaria perezdelarosae [GK_1064/93] was not.
I managed to get Mammillaria perezdelarosae v. andersoniana in my initial order, but it is probably sold out now.

I've bought from them for many years now and I'm not too surprised with what has already sold out. I only managed to get Yavia last year as my order was in 15 minutes after the new list was posted.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
keith

Post by keith »

In case you really want Bokeii seeds I found these.
Attachments
bokeii seeds
bokeii seeds
Capture.JPG (49.89 KiB) Viewed 12423 times
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Oh cool, thanks!
I already have 2 plants I grew from seed 4, almost 5 years ago. I just kind of wanted more companions.
But hey, if anyone else wants some, go for it. (they are a bit pricey if you include the shipping in that photo though)
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

gemhunter178 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:57 am Oh cool, thanks!
I already have 2 plants I grew from seed 4, almost 5 years ago. I just kind of wanted more companions.
But hey, if anyone else wants some, go for it. (they are a bit pricey if you include the shipping in that photo though)
The price and lack of location data often disappoints me out on most eBay listings.

I haven't heard back on my order yet, but I'm hopeful since I made some requests that are pretty generic and only requested one that was new this year.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.