Updated seed lists

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Pushrestart

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Pushrestart »

I put in an order on Sunday and yeah fidgeted with the url too, thought it was strange. No response so far, hopefully some of the stuff I ordered didnt sell out.

Gemhunter did you go through the Czech growers lists...?
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Pushrestart wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 pm I put in an order on Sunday and yeah fidgeted with the url too, thought it was strange. No response so far, hopefully some of the stuff I ordered didn't sell out.

I did a few years ago, but have since consolidated my ordering as it was quite a process to order from them ...and I still occasionally dig up a packet I forgot to sow. Now, if anyone in the US is willing to take my order with theirs and get it shipped over as a group, I do remember seeing some very nice species/varieties from them and might be interested in ordering one or two packets. My 4 Ariocarpus agavoides v. sanluisensis (the spined form) plants are grown from seed from such a source.

I forget who exactly, but I think there are one or two seed sources that update their lists late?
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

gemhunter178 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:22 am
Pushrestart wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 pm I put in an order on Sunday and yeah fidgeted with the url too, thought it was strange. No response so far, hopefully some of the stuff I ordered didn't sell out.

I did a few years ago, but have since consolidated my ordering as it was quite a process to order from them ...and I still occasionally dig up a packet I forgot to sow. Now, if anyone in the US is willing to take my order with theirs and get it shipped over as a group, I do remember seeing some very nice species/varieties from them and might be interested in ordering one or two packets. My 4 Ariocarpus agavoides v. sanluisensis (the spined form) plants are grown from seed from such a source.

I forget who exactly, but I think there are one or two seed sources that update their lists late?
I did something like this with SacredSucculents years ago. They were selling seed direct from expeditions but were in package deals of several dozen different species. I made an order and split up groups of seeds with people online to mitigate the cost. We only ended up getting a few seeds from each plant per person, but it gave us wonderful variety for a reasonable price.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

ADBLPS replied to my request for seeds two days later (two days after the list became published) and all but one of the 10 I ordered was in stock (variegated Rebutia if anyone wants to trade a few of theirs). The payment was sent the next day, an email was replied the next day that the order will be filled and shipped the first week of January. Normally, not the quickest speed but it is the holiday season and everyone, including postal workers are busy. More than anything I like that he replied to my email questions.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Succulenta has also updated its seed list. See https://succulenta.nl/zaadlijst/

You don't have to be a member to order seeds. But members do get priority and members also get a discount of 20% on the prices mentioned in the seed list.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another seed list has been updated: http://cactus-de-patagonia.de/samenliste

Basically only species from Patagonia, Pterocactus and Austrocactus. I guess all habitat collected seeds.
rookierappaz

Post by rookierappaz »

Any updates for 2020?
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I just discovered that Mesa Garden offered Mammillaria stella-de-tacubaya, which is on my wish list for quite some time now. So I could not resist ordering and try their new website.

Their website is still a pain to go through. But interesting one can see what is in stock currently. I also noticed that while ordering one thing which was only had 1 item in stock, was gone again by the time I was ready to check out. I guess the ordering system gets updated automatically whenever someone finalises the payment. Seems transparent and fair. So that is positive.

Now if only you could exclude all out of stock from your search results, and if only you can scan what they offer in a textual vertical list (like they had before) as an option, and to show locality data and var. and subsp. information along with the genus and species name, that would make me as a customer much happier.
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Aiko wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm Now if only you could exclude all out of stock from your search results....
^ This.

It's because of this that I rarely ever access their site anymore.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Pereskiopsisdotcom wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm ADBLPS replied to my request for seeds two days later (two days after the list became published) and all but one of the 10 I ordered was in stock (variegated Rebutia if anyone wants to trade a few of theirs). The payment was sent the next day, an email was replied the next day that the order will be filled and shipped the first week of January. Normally, not the quickest speed but it is the holiday season and everyone, including postal workers are busy. More than anything I like that he replied to my email questions.
UPDATE: Order from ADBLPS was received yesterday. Quite an awfully slow shipping time from France (took nearly 2 months to arrive from when it was supposed to be shipped out). Professionally packaged, reasonable prices, and great selection. I'll sow them soon and likely order again next year.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

A new list has been published on http://www.massonia.com/contact. There is a new winter growing (WG) bulb list, and the seed list has been updated including of what is out of stock again.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

One of the highlights in the year in succulent world from my point of view; the annual bulb and seed list of the Southern African Bulb Group (SABG). A list filled with donations from fellow bulb enthousiasts.

The list is on their website: https://sabg.tk/exchange:start

One has to be a member to be elligible to order something. But for a one time low fee this is well worth it if you are a bulb enthousiast. If you live outside the EU or Europe, there might be some restrictions.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm The seed list of Cactus Hobby Brno (www.cactus-hobby.eu) and Frantisek Nechvil (www.kaktusynechvil.wz.cz/home.html) have been updated.
It looks like www.kaktusynechvil.wz.cz is not active anymore. Anyone in the know if the website has moved to a different address?
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The cylce of annual updated seed lists starts again!

SuccSeed from Sweden has just updated its list: www.succseed.com/en/
mauicacti

Post by mauicacti »

Dont know if this is the right place for this, but I tried to order seeds from Koehres kakteen a couple months ago. They said they weren't shipping to the US because of COVID. A few days ago I sent them an email and asked if they are shipping to the US yet, and wouldn't you know it, they are. I ordered some seeds yesterday. We'll see how long it takes them to get here. I'll keep you guys posted.