21st card order

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
parodias

21st card order

Post by parodias »

Guys, I can tell you that there was no alchool or drugs involved, although I am an adrenaline junkie and I agree it wasn't the smartest thing I have ever done The bill came out to $4800.00 for search
I'm in Japan right now with some friends But short answer: yes Korea is going dumb for English and it's pretty easy to get a job here, you just need a bachelor's Though that might change soon as
I've not seen the video yet but i'm familiar with his reasons and think it's hard to argue with the points he makes It's also tough to realise due to the fact that most people either don't do single
Unfortunately, we do not even have direct support for a weather station in our requirements at all And, you are the only one with this request Do you think this feature will be required by a lot of
Last edited by parodias on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.
Spikey1007

Post by Spikey1007 »

Hmm i would sow them in Mid spring they like a lot of sun and humidity its dead easy tho just get some pots some small panes of glass or clear plastic and quite free draining soil and give em some a little water put the glass on top of the tops put in sun and you should see them popping up in a week after :).

Although you may need more info, consult ian our Lithops/Artifical Lighting guru.
iann

Post by iann »

I have had good results sowing under lights in January-March. They will get their first true leaves in early summer and then another set the following spring. Two year's growth in 12 months :)

When I have sown later than March, the seedlings struggle to bring out their true leaves over the summer and might still be working on it in the winter, and might not be able to manage a second set in the spring. One month late can lose you a year's worth of growth. Also, very small seedlings are vulnerable to heatwaves.

I sowed some seeds just a week ago, they have germinated already. Under lights obviously. It will be interesting to see how these develop, they will get four or five months under the lights.

Without lights you need to wait until about April or May. Lithops seedlings without bright light will become extremely tall. They are quite happy in full sun from the moment they germinate, provided they are not overheated, and some people grow them this way. I have found it to be less effective than 2-3 months under lights first.

I keep them under plastic for a few weeks at virtually 100% humidity, then in a somewhat enclosed growing area with fairly high humidity, then water frequently. If the soil surface is dry then they get watered, until the first true leaves start to come through, then I let the surface dry for a day or two before watering again. Once you start to let the soil dry then they are at risk of overheating in the sun. Keep the air moving, or shade them on very hot afternoons. Even if they don't get boiled in the heat, they will just go dormant which is no good for a tiny speck. If they go white they are dead.
--ian